NEWS IN BRIEF
- New data benchmarks for employment records. Korn, Anthony // Personnel Today;10/1/2002, p14
Examines the implications of the employment records code on employers and staff in Great Britain. Details related to the benchmarks as contained in the Code on Employment Records; Types of recommendations made in the code; Treatment of records that are retained; Approach adopted in the code in...
- Set up standard process for responding to accommodations requests--and use it every time. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Jul2010, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p3
The article offers suggestions to human resource managers to create a standard process in handling and responding to an employee's request for accommodations which can be used as reference on future complaints.
- Age bias enters via back door on gender coat tails. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;9/17/2002, p2
Reports the employment regulations affecting human resource professionals. Consideration on the landmark employment tribunal; Indication on the age discrimination laws; Approach on retirement planning.
- Euro communications laws will lead to HR revolution. // Personnel Today;5/21/2002, p4
Reports the effects of the information and consultation legislation on human resource in Europe. Establishment of work councils; Alteration of employee communication; Capability of the labor union to stop the decision-making process of the firm.
- Q&A. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1977, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
Presents excerpts of the question and answer session following the White House meeting on 'Human Resource Development in the World of Work.' Coordination with the education field; Government policy regarding employee training; Women and minorities in upper management.
- Put you money where your mouth is. Dreyfack, Raymond // Plant Engineering;Jan2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on testing a New England manufacturing plant's policy of caring and compassionate human relations by employee Alice Daly. Request of flexible schedule; Refusal of her supervisor to grant her request; Response of plant engineer Bob Burnside.
- The board's role in HR governance. BAILEY, REGENIA // Corridor Business Journal;8/24/2015, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p17
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of organization's human resource (HR) for balancing their organizations functions which includes management of human resource, making employment policies and use of board advisors on other staff hiring processes.
- hr benchmarker. // Personnel Today;1/30/2007, p54
The article provides information on Italy's employment conditions. It is informed that there are laws to protect against discrimination on grounds of sex, race, religion, language, political orientation, nationality, and personal and social conditions. The article also provides details of cases...
- EMPLOYMENT STABILIZATION THROUGH PAY ROLL TAXATION. Pribram, Karl // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov42, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p142
This article examines the relationship between problems involved in stabilizing employment and the imposition of an employer's payroll tax as a contributory device. The problem of redistribution of income is closely connected with the more fundamental problem of how to allocate economic...