Record year for gay-friendly list
- The 21 Club. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/10/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 49, p10
Focuses on the second annual HRC Corporate Equality Index, researched by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), on the top 21 major U.S. corporations whose consumer practices and workplace policies were deemed most friendly to gay men and lesbians in 2003. Number of advertisers from the fashion,...
- Rainbow Room: Pot of gold in Hayward. Sher, Mike; des Jardins, Mark // Bay Area Reporter;5/11/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p50
The article features the Rainbow Room, located at the north portion of the Mission Boulevard, Hayward. It is owned by Susie Chang. This bar had a number of names in its history. First, it was the Getaway, then Doreen's, then IJ's, however it has been holding the name Rainbow Room for about nine...
- Corporate doors open wide. Allen, Dan // Advocate;5/9/2006, Issue 962, p34
The article focuses on the recruiting trend wherein U.S. corporations are targeting career-minded gays and lesbians as of May 9, 2006. Corporate recruiters looking for gay and lesbian power players are starting to employ a variety of innovative methods to reach out to them. One example of these...
- Etiquette At Work. // Curve;May2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p45
The article offers tips on how to learn more about the companies that are friendly to lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders (LGBT) in the U.S., which include consulting the Best Places to Work list of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), checking out websites that match LGBT-friendly firms with...
- TOP FIRMS LOSE 'GAY-FRIENDLY' STATUS. // Accountancy;Feb2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1410, p6
The article reports on the failure of the top Big Four accountancy firms to maintain their status as gay-friendly employers, according to the 2011 Stonewall Workplace Equality Index of the top 100 public and private employers for gay, lesbian and bisexual staff in Great Britain.
- SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);10/29/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 17, p12
Corrections to the Verbatim column from the October 8, 20007 issue and the Numbers column from the October 1, 2007 issue are presented.
- Public-sector employers top gay-friendly list. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;1/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p9
This article reports on the 2008 Workplace Equality Index compiled by gay rights campaigner Stonewall. The index ranks the top 100 gay-friendly employers in Great Britain on their policy and practice relating to lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) staff. Local authorities were most represented in...
- Excellus gets perfect score on HRC Index. // Empty Closet;Dec2014/Jan2015, Issue 485, p3
The article reports on nonprofit health insurance company Excellus BlueCross BlueShield's achievement of a perfect score on the 2015 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and mentions its equal treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer (LGBTQ) employees.
- QUEER & COUNTRY. Rehnstrom, Jeanette // Gay Community News;Sep2008, Issue 225, p46
The article offers an account from two gay youth workers which explores the gay life in the county of Louth in Ireland. One, who grows up in the town of Kingscourt, praises the Dundalk Institute of Technology (DKIT) for finding out information and getting support with his sexuality. Another...