GUIDE DOGS CHARITY IMPROVES TRAINING
- Untitled. // Information World Review;Jun2006, Issue 225, p2
Reports on the redesign of the Web site and enhancement of the intranet services of the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association of Great Britain. Agreement of the association with Percussion Software; Reason for the selection of the Rhythmyx enterprise content management application.
- New Yorkers walk for guide dog group. // Dog World;Oct96, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p65
Presents the program `New Leash on Life Walk,' by the Guiding Eyes for the Blind with dog lovers in New York metropolitan area and friends and graduates of the organization to be held on October 13, 1996.
- Guide Dog Foundation: A visionary for the blind. Cerini, Kenneth R. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/13/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 28, p42A
Details the operations and services offered by the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind Inc. in Smithtown, New York. Training of guide dogs for the visually impaired; Number of staff members; Efforts of breeding dogs with the right physical attributes and temperament to be an effective guide.
- Raising guide dogs for the blind. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/10/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p31A
Focuses on the call of the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind for individuals interested in helping raise guide dogs for the blind or visually impaired in Smithtown, New York.
- Partners in independence. Eames, Ed; Eames, Toni // Dog World;Nov97, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p88
Presents information on the guide dogs `Echo' and `Escort,' while highlighting the annual convention of the 1996 National Federation of the Blind. Where the convention will be held; Number of persons in the organization; Establishment of a dog relief area.
- PAWS FOR THOUGHT. Valios, Natalie // Community Care;4/25/2002, Issue 1419, p36
Discusses the role that guide dogs play in social care in Great Britain. Efforts of the Essex social services department to develop a pilot project to use dogs in its work with people with mental health problems; Number of disabled people with assistance dogs provided by the charity Dogs for...
- Raising her sights. Arce, Jessica // New Moon Network;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 6 Issue 2, NEW MOON p20
Presents the an experience in raising guide dogs for the blind. Parts of the dogs's training; Information on the Guide Dogs for the Blind School in San Rafael, California.
- Agency news. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Jul99, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p464
Presents news on organizations that support visually impaired people. Results of a survey on adults' perceptions of the Americans with Disabilities Act; Membership recruitment campaign of the Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
- Computerland New Zealand. // Management;Nov97, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p65
Features the Computerland New Zealand, an organization offering PC application and information systems trainings in Christchurch, New Zealand. Mission statement; Contact information; Training courses offered; Course description; Key personnel; Branches.