Hispanics and diabetes
- Diabetes Rates Double. // O&P Almanac;Apr2011, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses on the findings of the report published by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, regarding the number of adults that receive diabetes-related care in 1996-2007.
- â€¦ and Experience Preventable Hospitalizations up to 5 Times More Often than Whites. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2006, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p15
The article focuses on a report issued by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality in the U.S. According to the report, blacks were five times more likely to be hospitalized for uncontrolled diabetes or high blood pressure than non-Hispanic whites in 2003, while Hispanics were 3.6 times...
- (DIABETES) Two-Thirds of Diabetics Miss Some or All Important Exams, Agency Finds. // Aging News Alert;11/20/2009, p4
The article reports that as per the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality data, only a third of the 16.5 million U.S. diabetics had all three tests done for managing diabetics and preventing complication. It also refers to other statistics related to various ethnicity and insurance...
- Use of Diabetes Pills Up, Insulin Use Down. // Today's Dietitian;Oct2010, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses an analysis by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality which reveals that number of Americans who undergo oral medications to manage their diabetes grew to 77% in 2007 from 60% in 1997 while the proportion of Americans taking insulin dropped to 24% from 38%.
- AHRQ: bariatric surgery may help diabetes. McCARTY, MARK // Medical Device Daily;6/11/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 112, p8
The article explains the potential of bariatric surgery in treating diabetes, based on a published study in the "Journal of the American Medical Association."
- Really Great Diabetes Information--From Medicine of All Places. // Diabetes Health;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on the role of the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) in providing diabetes information. AHRQ was authorized to compare the effectiveness of different approaches to difficult health problems and to provide accessible and understandable information to...
- SUPERUSERS. Rosenthal, Marie // Managed Healthcare Executive;Nov2013, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p41
The article discusses the use of medical emergency department (ED) in the U.S. It informs that according to a statistical report prepared by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), a federal health care agency 50 percent of the U.S. citizens use 2.8 percent of the funds allocated...
- Diabetes-related Amputations Increase for Hispanics. // O&P Business News;5/1/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p59
The article presents several updated data from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) on the increase in diabetes-related amputations among Hispanics in the U.S. The hospitalization rate for such amputations among Hispanics climbed from 63 admission per 100,000 people in 2001 to...
- The Minority Report. Brody, Liz // O, The Oprah Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p109
Presents information on the diseases of women that are discussed in the 2004 National Healthcare Disparities Report released by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality in 2005. Breast cancer; Osteoporosis; Diabetes.