UP adds more Sunset Route double track
- United Arab Emirates : Union Pacific Railroad Invests $11 Million to Strengthen Coloradoand#39;s and Wyomingand#39;s Transportation Infrastructures. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on the plan of railroad company Union Pacific Railroad to invest 11 million U.S. dollars in a project in its railroad line between LaSalle, Colorado, and near Cheyenne, Wyoming.
- Quietening HK's viaducts. // International Construction;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p81
Reports the construction of a railway in Hong Kong, China. Importance of the railway construction on train noises minimization; Extension of the outer noise barriers at critical sections in the viaducts; Reinforcement of the precast concrete shells with stainless steel fibers.
- THE LINE ON WOODWARD RAIL. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p0028
The article offers information on the rail line engineering process in Michigan, which is expected to be operational by 2016.
- North America's expanding urban rail systems. // Railway Age;Feb94, Vol. 195 Issue 2, Urban rail planner's... pG22
Presents a detailed city-by-city survey of the railroad systems where major work is underway. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; New York City Transit Authority; New Jersey Transit; Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority; Pittsburgh; Mass Transit Administration of Maryland;...
- United Arab Emirates : Union Pacific Railroad Invests $6 Million to Strengthen Iowaand#39;s Transportation Infrastructure. // TendersInfo News;8/12/2014, p1
The article reports on the investment of six milion dollars by Union Pacific Railroad Co. Inc. in the improvement of the transportation infrastructure in United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- United Arab Emirates : Union Pacific Railroad Achieves Best-Ever First Half Derailment Safety Performance. // TendersInfo News;8/12/2014, p1
The article reports on the improved first half derailment safety performance of the Union Pacific Railroad Co. Inc. in June 2014 as compared to June 2013.
- Big Bang costs to be examined. // Rail Business Intelligence;9/23/2004, Issue 230, p2
Reports on the plan of Manchester Metrolink to establish a special working party to examine the cost of its Phase 3 Big Bang extension program. Highlights of a pro-Big Bang rally held in the center of Manchester, England on September 16, 2004; Outlook for the presentation of a revised case for...
- S u D a Development of Reinforcement and Engineering Protection Methods for High Embankment in the History of China Railway System. Piotrovich, A. A. // Bulletin of PNU;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p119
The solution of geotechnical problems contributes to the spread of railway construction in China. Combination of preponderant retaining structure has become a major and effective approach to reinforcement and engineering protection of high railway embankment under condition of high mountains.
- COMMENTARY. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;11/19/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p3
Comments on the persisting problem of autumn leaves blocking railway lines and the lack of a solution from engineers. Unsuccessful efforts by engineers to solve problem through various means; Public perception of progress and worth of engineers based on regular functioning of routine devices;...