UP adds more Sunset Route double track
- Union Pacific resumes double-tracking line. // Inside Tucson Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the resumption of the construction of Union Pacific Railroad Co.'s double-track project along the Sunset Route through Southern Arizona.
- Houston government blasts the UP. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;4/1/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the call of Houston government for federal intervention of the joint operations of Union Pacific Railroad (UP) and Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway. Immediate concerns of local officials; Amount spent by UP on infrastructure improvements in the Houston area.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/24/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 34, p1
A photograph of the Union Pacific Railroad construction crews working in downtown Grand Saline, Texas is presented.
- They've Been Working on the Railroad. // Malakoff News (TX);9/27/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 39, p1
A photograph is presented which shows the railroad project of the Union Pacific Railroad in the Malakoff, Texas area, replacing about 50,000 crossties in the railroad between Athens and Corsicana.
- United Arab Emirates : Union Pacific Railroad Invests $11 Million to Strengthen Coloradoand#39;s and Wyomingand#39;s Transportation Infrastructures. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on the plan of railroad company Union Pacific Railroad to invest 11 million U.S. dollars in a project in its railroad line between LaSalle, Colorado, and near Cheyenne, Wyoming.
- Rail yard looks for linkup. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p20
The article presents information on the plans of CenterPoint Properties Trust to build a massive train-to-truck transfer terminal in Crete, Illinois. It would expand the railroad cargo capacity in Chicago, Illinois. Jacksonville, Florida-based CSX Transportation Inc. of Jacksonville and Omaha,...
- Driving the Golden Spike. // Current Events;12/13/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Union Pacific Railroad Co. and Central Pacific Railroad to develop railroads in Omaha, Nebraska, and Sacramento, California respectively.
- UNION PACIFIC NEW AND IMPROVED. // Trains;Nov2010, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p34
The article profiles Union Pacific Railroad Co. (UP). It is stated that the company buys more than 1,200 miles of new rail per year. According to Dennis Duffy, vice chairman of operations at UP, the company goes about making improvements that defy standardization. He states that currently the...
- Building the Line. Gibson, Karen Bush // Cobblestone;Feb2017, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on construction of first transcontinental railroad in the U.S. including study of land by groups of surveyors for finding of the path allowing for easiest construction by railway companies Union Pacific and Central Pacific and use of fishplate for holding of train ends.