UP adds more Sunset Route double track
- Union Pacific resumes double-tracking line. // Inside Tucson Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the resumption of the construction of Union Pacific Railroad Co.'s double-track project along the Sunset Route through Southern Arizona.
- They've Been Working on the Railroad. // Malakoff News (TX);9/27/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 39, p1
A photograph is presented which shows the railroad project of the Union Pacific Railroad in the Malakoff, Texas area, replacing about 50,000 crossties in the railroad between Athens and Corsicana.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/24/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 34, p1
A photograph of the Union Pacific Railroad construction crews working in downtown Grand Saline, Texas is presented.
- Union Pacific, Reno at odds. // Traffic World;04/07/97, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p39
Reports that the City of Reno, Nevada is demanding $100 million from Union Pacific as payment for the railway project designed to run through the city. Former price of $35 million; Planned increase in train traffic through Reno.
- Houston government blasts the UP. Morris, Gregory DL // Chemical Week;4/1/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the call of Houston government for federal intervention of the joint operations of Union Pacific Railroad (UP) and Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway. Immediate concerns of local officials; Amount spent by UP on infrastructure improvements in the Houston area.
- Union Pacific on the mend. Frailey, Fred W. // Trains;Jul2005, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the service-improvement projects of railway company Union Pacific aimed at dissolving congestion around the U.S., as of July 2005. Extension of the double track along the Sunset Route west of El Paso, Texas; Addition of trackage in Phoenix, Arizona; Construction of siding extensions...
- BLE complains about UP, Iowa pact. // Traffic World;11/22/93, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers' request to the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) to approve a trackage rights agreement between the Union Pacific Railroad Co. (UP) and the Iowa Interstate Railroad. Conditions of the agreement; Access to UP's intermodal ramp facility in...
- Rail yard looks for linkup. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;4/9/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p20
The article presents information on the plans of CenterPoint Properties Trust to build a massive train-to-truck transfer terminal in Crete, Illinois. It would expand the railroad cargo capacity in Chicago, Illinois. Jacksonville, Florida-based CSX Transportation Inc. of Jacksonville and Omaha,...
- UNION PACIFIC NEW AND IMPROVED. // Trains;Nov2010, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p34
The article profiles Union Pacific Railroad Co. (UP). It is stated that the company buys more than 1,200 miles of new rail per year. According to Dennis Duffy, vice chairman of operations at UP, the company goes about making improvements that defy standardization. He states that currently the...