UP adds more Sunset Route double track
- Quietening HK's viaducts. // International Construction;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p81
Reports the construction of a railway in Hong Kong, China. Importance of the railway construction on train noises minimization; Extension of the outer noise barriers at critical sections in the viaducts; Reinforcement of the precast concrete shells with stainless steel fibers.
- THE LINE ON WOODWARD RAIL. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p0028
The article offers information on the rail line engineering process in Michigan, which is expected to be operational by 2016.
- North America's expanding urban rail systems. // Railway Age;Feb94, Vol. 195 Issue 2, Urban rail planner's... pG22
Presents a detailed city-by-city survey of the railroad systems where major work is underway. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; New York City Transit Authority; New Jersey Transit; Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority; Pittsburgh; Mass Transit Administration of Maryland;...
- Big Bang costs to be examined. // Rail Business Intelligence;9/23/2004, Issue 230, p2
Reports on the plan of Manchester Metrolink to establish a special working party to examine the cost of its Phase 3 Big Bang extension program. Highlights of a pro-Big Bang rally held in the center of Manchester, England on September 16, 2004; Outlook for the presentation of a revised case for...
- S u D a Development of Reinforcement and Engineering Protection Methods for High Embankment in the History of China Railway System. Piotrovich, A. A. // Bulletin of PNU;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p119
The solution of geotechnical problems contributes to the spread of railway construction in China. Combination of preponderant retaining structure has become a major and effective approach to reinforcement and engineering protection of high railway embankment under condition of high mountains.
- COMMENTARY. Pullin, John // Professional Engineering;11/19/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p3
Comments on the persisting problem of autumn leaves blocking railway lines and the lack of a solution from engineers. Unsuccessful efforts by engineers to solve problem through various means; Public perception of progress and worth of engineers based on regular functioning of routine devices;...
- Spigot opens; double-stacks roll. Eisthen, Bob // Trains;Dec2010, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the opening of the Heartland Corridor route in Todefield, West Virginia on September 9, 2010. It notes that the Norfolk Southern train 233 was the first revenue double-stack train to cross the newly completed corridor. It offers information on the construction of the...
- China Road and Bridge Corporation plans to hire 30000 staff for construction of the Standard Gauge Railway in Kenya. // African Business News;12/3/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Fast tracking. Nathan, Stuart // Engineer (00137758);10/12/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7781, p26
The article focuses on the issues surrounding the concept of a new high-speed rail network in Great Britain. It cites the debate on the route generally known as High Speed Two or HS2, as well as the engineering challenge of building a high-speed rail line and installing control systems. The...