Dumb Poacher News
- Of The Pacific. Robb, Bob // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Fall2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on hunting blacktail deer in North America. Information on Sitka and Columbia blacktails; Description of the classic trophy-class Columbia blacktail; Methods and tactics used in blacktail hunting. INSET: Trophy Tips.
- New Mexico. Meitin, Patrick // Outdoor Life;Nov2004, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p61
Provides information on mule deer hunting in New Mexico. Areas in the southeastern of New Mexico wherein Desert deer are found; Information on alpine hunting in the state; Tips on hard-core trophy hunters.
- BEST IN THE WEST: TROPHY MULEYS. Robb, Bob // Bowhunting World;Annual2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p22
The article gives advice on how to hunt mule deers. To locate the best mule deer hunting area, it is advisable to check historical data for the past ten years. The Boone and Crockett Club records the total number of mule deer that entered in their system in the last decade. Hunters may eliminate...
- BIG BUCKS, STATE BY STATE. // Bowhunting World;Annual2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p24
The article presents a state-by-state forecast of mule deer hunting in the U.S. The state of Arizona continues to produce a good number of big deer. The best archery units are the Kaibab Plateau and Arizona Strip. As a rule, Colorado manages elk for numbers but mule deer for quality. The best...
- GHOSTS IN THE RAINFOREST. O'Kelly, Tim // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p65
This article presents the author's experience of blacktail deer in the Pacific rainforest near Rosebure, Oregon. At first only a ghostly movement caught my eye. Then it became a white spot on a muzzle. Finally it took form in the shape of a blacktail buck. Slowly I drew my bow and held my sight...
- Muleys Without Mountains. Ray, Brandon; Hallmark, Jennifer // Mossy Oak's Hunting the Country;Fall2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p48
Provides suggestions when hunting muley bucks in the U.S. Locations where mule-deer backs lived in an open prairie habitat; Description of open-country muleys; Most important tools for prairie mule-deer hunters.
- Why Sit All Day? Robb, Bob // Whitetail Journal;Dec2003, p10
Provides tips on deer hunting during winter. Search for the best hunting location; Need to be patient in waiting for the deer; Things to bring to keep the body warm.
- Kodiak Blacktails. Zumbo, Jim // Outdoor Life;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p34
The article narrates an experience of hunting for deer in Kodiak Island off Alaska's coast. It presents an overview of the blacktails at Kodiak. The ecology of Kodiak Island is described. It offers advice on the easiest way of hunting for deer. The season for deer hunting in the region is outlined.
- SNIPPETS. Sutton, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p11
The article offers news briefs related to the hunting in the U.S. In Arkansas, the Game and Fish Commission has mandated that the hunters under the age of six years cannot go for big game hunting like deer, turkeys and elf. In Colorad, hunting or harassment of black deer have been prohibited by...