consumer profile SNOWBOARDER
- Cruise missiles. Grout, Bill; Smith, Grafton // Skiing;Nov94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p172
Discusses Alpine freecarving boards and evaluates 11 boards from various manufacturers. Testing conditions; Performance variety; Burton Alp; Hooger X Act; K2 Skinny; Oxygen F; Testers' comments and ratings; Best uses; Best riders; Prices. INSETS: The carve crew;Does shape count?, by B.G..
- Boarding's year of the woman. Waxler, Caroline; Gordon, Jeanne // Newsweek;12/19/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 25, p76
Observes that the snowboarding industry is making it easier for women to participate in what has been largely a young male's world. Design of snowboarding boots for women by Burton; Deep and Kurvz, who both produce women's snowboarding fashions; Basich's and Dunn's lighter and thinner snowboards.
- The next generation. // Ski;Sep94, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p246
Looks at some new features in the sport of snowboarding. Nitro's Backcountry Tour 64 board which breaks into two touring skis; Morrow's `carbon torque rods' on its Spoon and Revert boards; Sim's Shannon Dunn Pro Model, the first board designed to women's specs; Snowboard boots and bindings.
- Snowboard buying, 101. // Ski;Sep94, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p248
Informs on what you need to know when shopping for a snowboard. Styles; Length and width; Stance and angle; Shape; Materials.
- The snowboard two-step. Crane, Lee // Ski;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p168
Reports on the impact of step-in binding systems on snowboarding. Benefits from using the system; Companies manufacturing the system.
- Board women. White, Dana // Women's Sports & Fitness;Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p44
Presents snowboarding gear for women. Female influence on equipment; Legwear and boots. INSET: Dressing the part..
- Snowboards for adults. Taylor, Rich // Popular Mechanics;Jan97, Vol. 174 Issue 1, p75
Presents snowboards and other snow-sport equipment. Built, contour and design of snowboards; Basic board types; Step-in bindings of the boards and its availability; Types of boots used and its design.
- Step up to the plate. Grout, Bill // Skiing;Sep94, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p64
Highlights the introduction of step-in plate bindings for snowboards from two manufacturers. Snowpro's Step-In and Pro Step-In; Burton Step-In; The difference between hard and soft boot/binding setups; Prices.
- Across the channel. Meiselman, Jamie; Friedman, Janice // Skiing;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p39
Features the Apocalypse TAC (Tapered Asymmetric Core) Series of racing snowboards. How the board's design achieves the extra heel-side turn support of an asymmetrical board with the stability and quiet ride of a symmetrical one; Price; Contact point.