Picking Up Speed
- Rollerblade reminds everyone that its success is not generic. Goerne, Carrie // Marketing News;3/2/1992, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1
The article explores the popularity of Rollerblade Inc., a company that manufactures in-line skating equipment in the U.S. The efforts launched by the company to avoid becoming the generic term for in-line skating are highlighted, such as pairing with Blade Gear and launching print and...
- Tales From the Front. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Mar2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the changing business plan of the American Sporting Goods (ASG) in 2004. Reasons for the shift from lifestyle skate to fashion according to ASG vice president Laurence LaHaye; Impact of the changes in branding and marketing of strategy on the success of ASG to withstand the decrease...
- Ice skates on wheels. // Design News;11/21/88, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p24
Introduces the roller skate, Ultra-Wheels, manufactured by First Team Sports Inc. Product features; Materials used; Physical description.
- My first paycheck: Jason Lee. Stricker, Eric // Transworld Skateboarding;Mar2004, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p92
Presents information on the Jason Lee pro model footwear for skaters by Airwalk. Basis of the creation of the model; Details of the extinction of the model.
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- Blades of glory. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p34
The article reports on the efforts of sports apparel and equipment manufacturers in protecting athletes particularly involved in speed skating from injury. It mentions the attempts of firms in developing stronger suits in compliance to the rules made by the International Skating Union (ISU)....
- SPORTING GOODS STORES (NAICS 45111). // United States Product & Retail Report Series;2012, Special section p1
The article presents information on the performance and forecast for in-line roller skates equipment and supplies product line of the sporting goods stores industry in the U.S. for 2012 and 2013. Information on the related industries including sporting goods manufacturing, department stores and...
- Plastic Capsules Contain Helium. // Plastics News;09/20/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p33
Introduces a skate-shoe heel encapsulating helium developed by Converse Inc. Design; Materials used; Launching date; Participation of Converse at the 1999 Action Sports Retailer Trade Exposition in San Diego, California.
- Brands treading over new ground. Lorenz, Trish; Campbell, Dave // Design Week;6/12/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on the increasing demand for sports-lifestyle products worldwide. Evolution of rubber shoes into the footwear of choice for many people; Significance of the mass popularity of rubber shoes for designers working to deliver a retail experience for sportswear brands; Rise of niche markets...