A New Way to Think about Open-to-Buy Strategies Decisions
- PICK A CARD. ANY CARD? BARNES, GORDON P.; GLOTZBECKER, GARY H. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on business procurement card processes. It presents steps that the technology company Lord Corp. went through in investigating benefits of a procurement card system, choosing a vendor, and the end result. It examines the steps in the procurement process, including identifying...
- VENDOR SELECTION AND DETERMINING PROCUREMENT QUOTAS IN CONDITIONS WHEN DISCOUNTS ARE OFFERED ON THE TOTAL VALUE OF THE CONTRACTED PROCUREMENT OF MANY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS. Babic, Zoran; Peric, Tunjo; Re�ic, Sead // Human: Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p51
Vendor selection is a very significant business problem for ensuring the competitiveness on the market. That is why companies pay great attention to this problem. To solve the vendor selection problems can be applied to a number of quantitative methods. Depending on the goals of the company the...
- Improving Purchasing Productivity at IBM with a Normative Decision Support System. Bender, Paul S.; Brown, Richard W.; Isaac, Michael H.; Shapiro, Jeremy F. // Interfaces;May/Jun85, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p106
The article focuses on the problem faced by corporate buyers in obtaining needed materials and parts at lowest cost while meeting non-cost criteria such as quality and reliability of supply. According to the author, purchasing function needs to radically change the way it carries out its duties....
- Bitter pills swallow. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Sep93, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p20
Reports on developments in retail trade. Kmart's drive to postpone payment for toy shipments; Justice Department's action against lax enforcement of vertical price fixing of vendors.
- A Partially Observed Markov Decision Process for Dynamic Pricing. Aviv, Yossi; Pazgal, Amit // Management Science;Sep2005, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p1400
In this paper, we develop a stylized partially observed Markov decision process (POMDP) framework to study a dynamic pricing problem faced by sellers of fashion-like goods. We consider a retailer that plans to sell a given stock of items during a finite sales season. The objective of the...
- A Decision Matrix Approach to Supplier Selection. Berens, John S. // Journal of Retailing;Winter71/72, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p47
The literature of retailing lacks a definitive and sophisticated approach to the problem of vendor selection but provides the retailer with sets of criteria to use in vendor selection. Given these criteria, the systems of vendor rating used in industrial purchasing provide a framework with which...
- Compare several vendors' prices in one quick glance. Soos, Kara // Inside Microsoft Excel;Jul2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p7
The article offers step by step instruction for organization data that have lists of vendor created in spreadsheet application Microsoft Excel.
- Don't get stuck paying for supplier's warranty. McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p58
Presents several steps that contractors can take to avoid paying for a manufacturer's warranty. Purpose of a warranty; Importance of making sure that all the owner's warranty requirements are incorporated into subcontracts and purchase orders; Need for the owner to be specific about exactly...
- Strong Spring at Retail Blossoms Into Big MAGIC for Better Vendors. Goldstein, Lauren // DNR: Daily News Record;2/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p6
The article reports on the impact of the strong spring season to retailers which include DKNY, Ecko Unlimited and CK Calvin Klein and to the vendors.