- SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE SOLD to Canadian Co-Op. // SGB;Jan2009, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p17
The article reports that UFA Cooperative Ltd. of Alberta, Canada has bought the sporting goods company Sportsman's Warehouse. It mentions that under the deal, the chief executive officer of the company, Stuart Utgaard, is resigning from his post. It informs that UFA invested an undisclosed sum...
- Prana Taps Crooke As Chief Executive. Beckett, Whitney // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/9/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 120, p23
The article announces that Michael Crooke was selected chief executive officer of Prana Living LLC.
- Lucy Names New President. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 106, p9
Reports on the selection of Michael J. Edwards as president and chief executive officer of Lucy Activewear. Career background of Edwards; Estimated sales of the company; Investors of the company.
- SOFT LINES. // Chain Store Age;Sep2003, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p19
Presents news briefs related to retail trade as of September 2003. Recruitment of a pair of investment banks by Walt Disney Co. in an effort to help sell its retailing division; Plan of Alloy to acquire multichannel teen apparrel retailer Delia's Corp.; Promotion of Mark Hoffman to CEO and a...
- Dick's shops Sears ranks and lands a softlines vet. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;12/19/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the increased focus on footwear and apparel categories by the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based sporting goods retailer, Dick's Sporting Goods. The company has also hired Gwen Manto for the position of executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. Dick's became...
- THE MAN WHO SAID NO TO WAL-MART. Fishman, Charles // Fast Company;Jan/Feb2006, Issue 102, p66
The article focuses on the decision of Jim Wier, CEO of lawn-equipment maker Simplicity, not to allow U.S. retailer Wal-Mart to sell his products. He did not agree with the plan of the retailer to sell his mowers against those being offered by Home Depot and Lowe's. Simplicity has acquired...
- TOM COVE. // SGB;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p48
The article presents an interview with Sports & Fitness Industry Association's (SFIA) president and chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Cove who discusses his childhood dream, his proudest athletic moment, and the things that he like most in his job and being in the sporting goods industry.
- Ex-Dome chief to launch leisure brand. // Marketing Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the launching of a leisure complex brand to operate alongside the Xscape sports leisure complex of former Millennium Dome chief executive officer Pierre-Yves Gerbeau in England. Expansion of the retail portfolio of Owner Capital & Regional; Acquisition of the O[sub20] centre in North...
- Making A Habit Of Staying Ahead Of The Pack. McKinley, Ed // ISO & Agent;Jul/Aug2012, p16
The article reports on professional career of Henry Helgeson, co-chief executive and co-founder of Merchant Warehouse, a Boston, Massachusetts-based independent sales organization (ISO). Helgeson has a job description that ranges from envisioning strategy for the future to leading day-to-day...