Audio Title Customer Base Declined in 2008
- Things Aren't What They Seem with Channels. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on Simba Information Inc.'s age breakdown data on book purchasing from Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. in 2008 in the U.S. The data indicated bookstores are still the number one entity where books are purchased, with 77.9 million adults buying at least one book. About 14...
- Simmons Analysis: Youngest Adults Buying Fewest Books. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.'s National Consumer Survey in 2008 in the U.S. Between winter and spring 2008 studies, actual numbers of adults who admitted buying a book rose. Of the 24.3 million adults, about 11.5 million or 46 percent acquired a book during the...
- Audio Going Online More Than Print. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that most book buyers buy their products online in the U.S. Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. data revealed that about 21% of book buyers purchase their books online, but many of them additionally shop in physical stores. It also says that buyers save money from online...
- SIMMONS: 92 MILLION U.S. ADULTS DIDN'T BUY BOOKS IN 2009. // Book Publishing Report;May2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses the results of the survey from Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. regarding the attitude of adults in buying books in 2009. It says that about 124 million U.S. adults bought books in the fall of 2009, wherein about 61% of 25 to 34-year-olds purchased at least one book. It...
- Simmons pulls plug on key research methods. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/1/94, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p13
Reports that Simmons Market Research Bureau is abandoning its research procedures. Reasons for change in procedures; Problems with past procedures; Comparisons with competitors.
- A new method to the madness. // MediaWeek;9/19/94, Vol. 4 Issue 36, p2
Reports on Simmons Market Research Bureau's plan to implement a new interview methodology in its May 1995 survey. Query to respondents about articles they recently read; Appointment of Rebecca McPheters as president and chief executive officer of Simmons Market.
- Hispanic database. // Editor & Publisher;1/8/94, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the launching of a study of Hispanic media and markets by Simmons Market Research bureau.
- A new read on readers. Granatstein, Lisa // MediaWeek;03/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p19
Deals with the reorganization of the consumer marketing survey firm Simmons Market Research Bureau Incorporated. Purpose of the reorganization; Services that the firm offers to consumers; Information about the revamped of the firm in 1994.
- Simmons study released. Clark, Tim // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jul94, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the findings of Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.'s study on what computer professionals read. Expansion of the study's scope; Readership share of several weekly publications.