Shoppers Stick to What They Know in December
- June Brings Fewest New ISBNs of the Year. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2009, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the addition of 112 new International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) on bestseller lists in June 2010. It states that the 112 new ISBNs accounted about 26.8% of the 418 total ISBNs on the three bestseller lists in June 2010, down from 31.5% in May 2010. It notes that there...
- May Brings Title Turnover; Nonfiction Still Favored. // Book Publishing Report;Jun2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the changes in the book trade categories for May 2008 based on the composite ratings from various periodicals in the U.S. At 146 editions, new International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs) in May were below the 180 editions of April. The top five books were close in rating,...
- June Another 50 Shades Month, New Titles Down. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2012, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the sales of newly issued books of June 2012. It states that the published books contains only 37 percent of the new International Standard Book Number (ISBN) numbers from the total 671 editions which was quite low from the sales of April and May. It further presents...
- January Offers More New Titles, but Less Bestsellers. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2009, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
The article offers insights related to the status of book publishing in the U.S. It focuses on the significant growth in the number of new titles which attained bestseller status in an overall 136 new international standard book numbers (ISBN) released in January 2009. It also mentions the top...
- Best-Sellers. // Entertainment Weekly;8/5/2005, Issue 832, p71
Lists the best-selling books in the U.S. for the week July 11 to 17, 2005.
- LAST DITCH 'SWITCH' // Entertainment Weekly;09/22/2000, Issue 560, p71
Enumerates the top ten fiction, non-fiction and trade paperbacks in the United States as of September 22, 2000.
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p22
Reports on developments concerning the best-seller segment of the book trade in the United States, as of June 7, 1999. Performance of Frank McCourt's book `Angela's Ashes' on `Publishers Weekly' magazine's trade paperback chart; Sales success of Melissa Banks' `The Girl's Guide to Hunting and...
- Behind the bestsellers. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;7/15/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 29, p19
Reports on bestseller developments in the book industry in the United States as of July 15, 1996. Includes news on the rise of Patricia Cornwell's novel `Cause of Death,' to the top of the national charts to topple `The Runaway Jury,' by John Grisham; Successful sales enjoyed by poetry books...
- Hip-Lit 101. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the plans by various book publishers in the United States to tap into the college market by publishing paperback editions of best sellers. Authors published by Vintage and Anchor who found a following among older teenagers and 20-somethings; Campus tours organized by the publishers.