ONLINE SOCIAL NETWORKS
- SOCIAL MEDIA. // Corridor Business Journal;12/26/2011 Builders News Supplement, p7
The article reports on the initiative of The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association to integrate various social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to encourage further interaction and better communication between business and consumers.
- Tolerating openness, diversity. Gillin, Paul // B to B;5/3/2010, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses transition in corporate communication strategy in current dynamic business environment and pros and cons of open communication with corporate clients and potential customers on social networking websites like Twitter.
- As Families Have Legends So Do Companies. Quish, Rob // People & Strategy;2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the legend of a company and telling it well to help in connecting with others and giving the purpose of the organization. It mentions how a company story can help in defining the organization as an employer, how it differs from other companies and what it expects from the...
- Apply marketing basics to social media. Ricca, Stephanie // Hotel & Motel Management;9/1/2010, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p26
The article offers tips on how to apply marketing basics on online social media networks to strengthen the bond between timeshare owners and customers in the U.S. To drive traffic into a social network, Interval senior vice president of consumer marketing suggests that firms communicate and...
- FROM OUR OWN CORRESPONDENT. Guzman, Doris De // ICIS Chemical Business;2/22/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 7, p7
The article presents the author's views on the use of social networking websites by the chemical industry. He observes that several chemical firms like DuPont and Evonik Industries are using the social networking site Twitter to tell about their latest products and activities. He comments that...
- Going behind the corporate firewall to share information. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p15
The article discusses the creation by companies of a private version of popular social media sites like Facebook in order to direct in-house and in-industry communications not meant for the general public, such as a company's longstanding cultural and organizational qualities.
- Las redes sociales y la figura del community manager centran la edici�n de Nonick 2010. Cristina Garc�a Rodriguez // Revista de Comunicaci�n (1888198X);2010, Issue 15, p18
No abstract available.
- Formaci�n en comunicaci�n. Alcat, Enrique // Revista de Comunicaci�n (1888198X);2010, Issue 17, p64
The article discusses the current state of business communication in Spain, and manners through which the discipline is advanced through business schools and corporate training. The role that business schools play in fermenting leadership skills is addressed, as well as the influence of...
- Los dos mundos. Jim�nez, Alfonso // Revista de Comunicaci�n (1888198X);2011, Issue 18, p10
The article provides a framework of business communication as a division between the physical world and the virtual world. The steps leading to successful business leadership in the virtual world are described as involving extended time spent filtering information. The author contrasts this to...