WizeUp Offers 75-Plus Digital College Textbooks, More Planned For Spring
- E-Textbooks from McGraw-Hill, WizeUp. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p34
Announces the agreement of McGraw-Hill company with WizeUp Digital Textbooks, a firm that produces electronic educational materials. Focus of the electronics books that the companies plan to produce; Significance of the agreement; Background of the companies.
- Design Books Online. // T H E Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the launching of the Primis Online digitized database by McGraw-Hill Co. to enable teachers to customize their own electronic book designs. Number of designs contained in the database; Contact information.
- McGraw-Hill Launches E-bookstore. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/4/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 36, p48
Highlights the launching of an electronic bookstore by McGraw-Hill Cos. Book titles that will be sold; Pricing strategy to be used; How the bookstore will be promoted.
- McGraw-Hill To Buy Tribune Ed.; Fills In Language Arts And Literature Gaps. // Electronic Education Report;07/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p2
Reports the agreement of McGraw-Hill to acquire Tribune Education in the United States. Impact of the deal on the position of MCGraw-Hill in K-12 basal textbook market; Integration of educational texts with digital products; Expansion of business to an online K-12 learning network; Significance...
- CourseSmart Starts Off with A 'Very Good Fall'. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p1
The article discusses the market demand for digital college textbook sampling at e-commerce platform called CourseSmart. Marketing executive Frank Lyman has said that college publishers are offering more books in digital format through CourseSmart as more students prefer cheaper with more...
- Productive at Any Speed. Andel, Tom // Material Handling Management Exclusive Insight;7/10/2012, p2
The article focuses on the importance of a successful distribution center strategy in ensuring high efficiency and constant production. It relates how voice picking technology allowed education company McGraw Hill Education Inc. to ensure efficient book distribution and boost productivity gains....
- Digital Textbooks Set to Cut Costs and Improve Education. Shekhar, Madhuri // Hinduism Today;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p86
The article focuses on the benefits of digital textbooks in improving education. It mentions that open textbooks can reduce costs up to 80% because access to digital versions of books are free along with low-cost print option. It states that McGraw-Hill Cos. introduces the Create, an online...
- Members invited to McGraw-Hill online books trial. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2011, Issue 840, p62
The article reports on the two-month free trial of online books from publisher McGraw-Hill that is offered by members of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) as of June 2011.
- McGraw-Hill Education Launches E-Book Initiative with WizeUp Digital Textbooks. // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p34
Announces an intiative by McGraw-Hill Education and WizeUp Digital Textbooks to electronically publish, sell and distribute digital textbooks for the higher education market. Details of the deal; How the books can be accessed.