Houghton Mifflin, Harcourt Tap Into Preschool Market With Online Moves
- Educators Call For New Curriculum For Preschools At Simba Conference. // Educational Marketer;11/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p2
Reports on the urge of state and local pre-K educators for educational publishers to create comprehensive courseware that recognizes the unique aspects of preschool in the U.S. Need for publishers to realize the similarity and differences of pre-K with K-12; Differentiation in the manipulation...
- PreK-12 Net Sales Slow to Get Going, Down 13.8% Through February. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the financial performance of PreK-12 publishers in the U.S. as of February 2007. The total PreK basal and supplemental net sales result decreased by 10.1 percent to $79 million compared to the sales result recorded on February 2006. The net sales for the basal textbooks in...
- THE ADVENTURE OF OUR BOOK: PROJECT OF PRINTING THEIR STORIES IN PRINTERY WRITTEN BY 48-54 MONTHS AGE CHILDREN'S OWN. Ünsal, Fatma Özge; Küçükoğlu, Kurtuluş; Özomay, Zafer; Kurt, M. Batuhan // Journal of Educational & Instructional Studies in the World;Feb2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p37
Every child does paintings, every child likes storytelling, likes stories. However, every child gets familiar with books from its' babyhood, and it should do. This book is the first step of reading habit. The purpose of this study is; by living the process of their own book from script to...
- Math for tots. // Essence (Essence);Aug88, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p92
Parents who speak to their children in mathematical language (over, under, ounce, circle) can increase the children's mathematics scores.
- Town of Islip accepting pre-school registrations. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/14/98, Vol. 45 Issue 37, p4C
Reports that the Town of Islip Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs in Long Island, New York has begun accepting applications for its preschool programs at the Ronkonkoma recreation center. Schedule.
- Making baby smarter. Finn, C.A. // Single Parent;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
Discusses the current trend toward parents pushing young children to succeed and the effect of such pressures on children. Role of preschool; Need for play.
- Early-years initiatives get lawmakers' attention. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;06/18/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p12
Reports on the support provided by several states to educational programs for school children in the United States. Includes Connecticut legislature's approval of a $50 million plan to make school readiness programs available to preschoolers; Proposed expansion of Smart Start, a public-private...
- Public school counseling services for prekindergarten children. Hohenshil, Thomas H.; Brown, Michael B. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Oct91, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on public school counseling services for prekindergarten children in the United States. Need for child care outside the family; Benefits of prekindergarten education; Definition of high-quality care ad education; Elementary school principals' standards; Implications for elementary...
- `Curriculum' for preschool. Sava, S.G. // Education Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p51
Discusses the importance of a developmental program in preschool rather than an academic curriculum.