Web-based Education Commission Takes Final Testimony; Report Due
- Web Platform Connects Campus Communities. // T H E Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p30
Features the online services of Campus Pipeline Web Platform in the United States. Centralization of educational institutions; Application tools enhancing the communication system and services of schools; Inclusion of personalized announcements; Consolidation of administrative control.
- Discover the Cosmos. // T H E Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p40
Features Amazing Spaces: Way-Out Places in the Universe, an interactive voyage at Discovery Online Network's Discovery.com where students can find scientific curiosities and strange space phenomena. Focus on places in the universe that have produced interesting new twists and noteworthy new...
- Global Education. Scott, Elspeth S. // School Librarian;Spring2013, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p23
The article reviews the web site Global Education from Khan Academy located at www.khanacademy.org.
- News Briefs... // Electronic Education Report;10/25/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p8
Presents news items related to Internet education in the United States as of October 25, 2000.
- Students learn financial concepts at The Mint. // T H E Journal;Dec98, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p67
Focuses on the Mint, a Web site developed specifically for classroom use in the United States. Critical issues addressed at the site; Information on a survey conducted by Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance; Features of the site.
- Where in the world is my student? Savoye, Craig // Christian Science Monitor;7/17/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 162, p16
Discusses Internet education and degree programs, which may be the next evolutionary step in higher education, and the view that such programs may be beginning to flourish.
- Online reference tools. // Media & Methods;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p41
Features various Internet-based educational reference tools. Includes Accu Weather Inc.'s Accunet/AP Photo Archive Listing; BigChalk.com Inc.'s Proquest; Ebsco Publishing's Online Reader Plus.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. // Technology & Learning;Jan2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p4
No abstract available.
- Choosing Well-'BUILT' Web Sites. Baugh, Ivan // Multimedia Schools;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p50
Proposes criteria for evaluating Web sites from an educational perspective. Bibliography, references and resources; Lack of bias; Intent and integrity; Links and libraries; Timeliness.