Heinle & Heinle Sells 13 Foreign Language Titles To Prentice Hall
- Calendar of events. // Language Teaching Research;Jan2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p89
Presents a calendar of events related to language teaching.
- Learning languages for business. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p91
Describes various methods of learning foreign languages. Benefits provided by learning a foreign language to business people operating internationally; Need to seek for an emphasis on learning the language for business purposes; Effectiveness of the Superlearning or Accelerated Learning method.
- More students enroll in foreign language study. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on a study suggesting that students are recognizing the importance of learning another language in an increasingly global economy.
- America's descent into monolingualism. Maxwell, David E.; Brecht, Richard D. // Christian Science Monitor;11/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 246, p19
Discusses the decrease in foreign language enrollment in colleges and universities in the United States. Results of a study by Modern Language Association; Reasons why foreign language study is so important in the United States; Reasons why American students show a lack of interest in foreign...
- Planning for sequence & momentum. Bell, Meaghan // Primary Educator;1997, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p9
Discusses the planning strategies for teaching language other than English (LOTE) in the classroom. Importance of preparation; Educational motivation as the driving force of LOTE lessons; Organizational focus of the lessons.
- Introducing a LOTE language document. Schmelzle, Brigitte // Primary Educator;1997, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p10
Provides an example of a program of teaching a language other than English (LOTE). Philosophy of LOTE Language Document of Bayswater South Primary School; Key principles of immersion education; Reasons for the selection of science and technology, Study of Society and Environment for the...
- New methods and tools for teaching foreign languages. Gousie, Laurent // T H E Journal;Apr98, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on the emergence of new techniques and tools for teaching foreign languages. Introduction of the magnetic open-reel audio tape in the 1960s; Individually controlled tape cassette in the 1970s; Growing popularity of interactive CD-ROMs in the 1990s; Concerns about the proper use of new...
- Dade schools to expand second-language instruction. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;11/20/96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p3
Reports on Dade County, Fla., school board's language programs. Increase the number of schools offering bilingual instruction; Difficulties of local businesses in finding bilingual professionals; Passing of a resolution by the San Francisco school board to provide opportunities for bilingual...
- Italian as a second language: Methodological guidelines in elementary school. Gelmi, Rita // European Education;Summer94, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p87
Discusses how best to teach Italian as a second language. Choosing the medium of instruction; Age of pupils as factor in determining teaching approach; Teaching methods; Structuralist approach to teaching; Communicative approach to teaching; Importance of following the program and managing the...