EFFECTS OF EXPOSURE TO PORTLAND CEMENT DUST ON LUNG FUNCTION IN PORTLAND CEMENT FACTORY WORKERS IN KHASH, IRAN
- Ventilatory function of factory workers exposed to tea dust. Jayawardana, P. L.; Udupihille, M. // Occupational Medicine;1997, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p105
A cross-sectional study was conducted in order to determine the prevalence of respiratory symptoms and the effect on ventilatory capacity in workers exposed to tea dust for at least five years during the sifting process of tea manufacture compared to a control group of field workers who were not...
- Respiratory symptoms, lung function, and nasal cellularity in Indonesian wood workers: a dose-response analysis. Borm, P.J.A.; Jetten, M.; Hidayat, S.; van de Burgh, N.; Leunissen, P.; Kant, I.; Houba, R.; Soeprapto, H. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;May2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p338
Examines the nasal inflammatory response of workers exposed to meranti wood dust in Surabaya, Indonesia. Negative trend between years of employment among men; Observation of flow-volume variables among men; Absence of relation between dust exposure and spirometric outcomes and respiratory symptoms.
- Grain Dust and Health. III. Environmental Factors. Cotton, David J.; Dosman, James A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep78, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p420
Presents the environmental factors in assessing respiratory disorders coming from grain dust. Characteristics of grain dust; Classification of grain dust; Importance of organic dusts to health.
- Effect of exposure to cement dust on Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) in non-smoking cement mill workers. MEO, S. A.; ALSAARAN, Z. F.; ALSHEHRI, M. K. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;May2014, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1458
OBJECTIVES: This cross-sectional study aimed to determine the effects of exposure to cement dust on Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNO) in non-smoking cement mill workers. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: We recruited 121 apparently healthy male volunteers, 90 of them were non-smoking cement mill...
- RPE. Judson, Matthew // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p9
The article discusses the selection and safe use of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) in the workplace. It notes the two main types of RPE, the respirators that purify air through a medium which removers the contaminants, and breathing apparatus which supplies pure air from a cylinder or an...
- Bagassosis: A Study of Pulmonary Function in 20 Cases. Weill, Hans; Buechner, Howard A.; Gonzalez, Ernesto; Herbert, Stephen J.; Aucoin, Edsel; Ziskind, Morton M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr66, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p737
Focuses on a study which examined pulmonary function in bagassosis. Symptoms of bagassosis; Description of the patients studied; Interpretation of the research findings.
- Bagassosis: I. Precipitins Against Extracts of Crude Bagasse in the Serum of Patients. Salvaggio, John E.; Buechner, Howard A.; Seabury, John A.; Arquembourg, Pierre // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr66, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p748
Deals with a study which determined the role of precipitins in the pathogenesis of bagassosis, an acute respiratory disease. Background to the study; Materials and methods; Discussion.
- Cement dust exposure and acute lung function: A cross shift study. Zeleke, Zeyede K.; Moen, Bente E.; Br�tveit, Magne // BMC Pulmonary Medicine;2010, Vol. 10, p19
Background: Few studies have been carried out on acute effects of cement dust exposure. This study is conducted to investigate the associations between current "total" dust exposure and acute respiratory symptoms and respiratory function among cement factory workers. Methods: A combined...
- Wood-Pulp Workers' Disease: A Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis Caused by Alternaria. Schlueter, Donald P.; Fink, Jordan N.; Hensley, George T. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec72, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p907
Focuses on a respiratory disease resulting from prolonged exposure to logs contaminated with alternaria. Case studies of respiratory illness with progressive functional impairment among workers in the paper manufacturing industry; Summary of pulmonary function studies done in 1971; Information...