A Minimally Disruptive Model and Three-Dimensional Evaluation of Lisfranc Joint Diastasis
- Endoscope-Assisted Intraoral Removal of the Thyroid Isthmus Mass Using a Frenotomy Incision. Woo, Seung Hoon // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p787
Objective: A thyroid isthmus nodule is a relatively rare condition. A small number of patients will present with thyroid mass isolated at the thyroid isthmus, which can cause discomfort in swallowing and cosmetic problems. Thus, some patients choose to have these nodules excised. The surgical...
- Laparoscopic Versus Open Splenectomy: The Impact of Spleen Size on Outcomes. Ardestani, Ali; Tavakkoli, Ali // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p760
Background: Although laparoscopic splenectomy (Lap-Spleen) has become the standard surgical approach for normal-sized spleens, open splenectomy (Open-Spleen) is still recommended by many in the setting of splenomegaly. We set out to compare the impact of spleen size on Lap-Spleen and Open-Spleen...
- Estudio comparativo entre cirugÃa laparoscÃ³pica y cirugÃa abierta en cÃ¡ncer colorrectal. Arribas-Martin, Antonio; Díaz-Pizarro-Graf, José Ignacio; Muñoz-Hinojosa, Jorge Demetrio; Valdés-Castañeda, Alberto; Cruz-Ramírez, Omar; Bertrand, Martín Marie // Cirugia y Cirujanos;may/jun2014, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p274
Background: Laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer is currently accepted and widespread worldwide. However, according tol the surgical experience on this approach, surgical and short-term oncologic results may vary. Studies comparing laparoscopic vs. open surgery in our population are...
- Pledgeted Repair of Giant Hiatal Hernia Provides Excellent Long-Term Results. Kang, Thomas; Urrego, Hernan; Gridley, Asahel; Richardson, William S. // Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p684
Background: Use of mesh in hiatal hernia repairs is a topic of debate. We present our experience in laparoscopic primary (nonmesh) repair of giant hiatal hernia. Materials and Methods: All laparoscopic antireflux procedures done by a single surgeon from November 1997 to October 2006 were...
- Clinical digest. Trial proves apremilast is effective long-term treatment for psoriasis. // Nursing Standard;10/10/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses research in the article "Efficacy of Apremilast in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Psoriasis: A Randomised Controlled Trial" by K. Papp et al. which found that the drug apremilast is effective for the long term treatment of psoriasis.
- Clinical digest. Evidence supports wider use of tranexamic acid in traumatic bleeding. // Nursing Standard;10/10/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses research in the article "Effect of Tranexamic Acid on Mortality in Patients With Traumatic Bleeding: Prespecified Analysis of Data From Randomised Controlled Trial" by I. Roberts et al. which found that tranexamic acid is safe and effective in treating traumatic bleeding.
- Clinical digest. Most people treated for schizophrenia experience no lasting improvements in health. // Nursing Standard;4/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p14
The article discusses research which was published in the article "Sustained Favourable Long-Term Outcome in the Treatment of Schizophrenia: A 3-Year Prospective Observational Study" by G Cuyun Carter et al. and found that most people treated for schizophrenia experience no lasting improvements...
- PERSPECTIVE. Hee Kit Wong // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p26
The author comments on the study by Miyako Suzuki wherein Suzuki found that, in determining whether using local bone graft is as effective as iliac crest bone graft in case of L4 degenerative spondylolisthesis, there are fusion rates of 90% and 85%, respectively, in single-level instrumented cases.
- Clinical digest. Surgery for epilepsy can enhance patients' overall long-term quality of life. // Nursing Standard;3/7/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p18
The article discusses research which was reported in the article "Impact of Epilepsy Surgery on Seizure Control and Quality of Life: A 26-Year Follow-Up Study" by H. S. Mohammed et al and found that surgery for epilepsy can enhance patientsâ€™ overall long-term quality of life.