Spinal Growth Modulation with Use of a Tether in an Immature Porcine Model
- Computerized Tomographic Morphometric Analysis of Subaxial Cervical Spine Pedicles in Young Asymptomatic Volunteers. Rao, Raj D.; Marawar, Satyajit V.; Stemper, Brian D.; Yoganandan, Narayan; Shender, Barry S. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Sep2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 9, p1914
Background: Although cervical spine pedicle screws have been shown to provide excellent fixation, widespread acceptance of their use is limited because of the risk of injury to the spinal cord, nerve roots, and vertebral arteries. The risks of pedicle screw insertion in the cervical spine can be...
- transversectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2365
A definition of the term "transversectomy," which refers to the excision of a transverse vertebral process, is presented.
- Choice Spine Launches Major System into Lucrative Pedicle Screw Spine Market. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;1/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that Choice Spine, a spine manufacturer has launched Starfire Pedicle Screw System. It mentions that this system enables the surgeons to treat lumbar conditions, post traumatic spine instability and scoliosis. It further informs about the features of the Starfire System which...
- The future of cervical spine surgery may focus on motion preservation. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p57
This article looks at the future of dynamics in cervical spine surgery and challenges in this area.
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion. Pawar, Abhijit; Hughes, Alexander; Girardi, Federico; Sama, Andrew; Lebl, Darren; Cammisa, Frank // Asian Spine Journal;2015, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p978
The lateral lumbar interbody fusion (LLIF) is a relatively new technique that allows the surgeon to access the intervertebral space from a direct lateral approach either anterior to or through the psoas muscle. This approach provides an alternative to anterior lumbar interbody fusion with...
- PERSPECTIVE. Hee Kit Wong // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p26
The author comments on the study by Miyako Suzuki wherein Suzuki found that, in determining whether using local bone graft is as effective as iliac crest bone graft in case of L4 degenerative spondylolisthesis, there are fusion rates of 90% and 85%, respectively, in single-level instrumented cases.
- Corrective Osteotomies in Spine Surgery. Gill, J. Brian; Levin, Andrew; Burd, Tim; Longley, Michael // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Nov2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 11, p2509
The article presents a review of corrective osteotomies in spine surgery. The histories and operative techniques for Smith-Petersen, pedicle subtraction, and cervical extension osteotomies are covered. A discussion of vertebral column resection is also included. The indications for the different...
- Foraminal Endoscopic Spine Surgery For Painful Degenerative Conditions of the Lumbar Spine: Focus on Endoscopic Decompression of Lateral recess stenosis. Yeung, Anthony T. // Internet Journal of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technology;Supplement III, p25
An abstract of the article "Foraminal Endoscopic Spine Surgery for Painful Degenerative Conditions of the Lumbar Spine: Focus on Endoscopic Decompression of Lateral Recess Stenosis," by Anthony T. Yeung is presented.
- Tratamiento por vÃa anterior de las lesiones inestables de la columna toracolumbar. Palapa García, Leobardo Roberto; Vallejo, Sergio Anaya; Martínez, Gustavo Casas // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;sep/oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p245
Objective. 1. To describe to the post-operating clinical evolution of the patients with unstable injuries thoracolumbars. 2. To determine the stability of the unstable injuries thoracolumbars treated by anterior approach. 3. To correlate the proportion of invasion to the spinal conduit and the...