Short-Term Outcomes of Severe Open Wartime Tibial Fractures Treated with Ring External Fixation
- Transosseous Suture Fixation of Proximal Humeral Fractures. Dimakopoulos, Panayiotis; Panagopoulos, Andreas; Kasimatis, Georgios // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2009 Supplement, Vol. 91-A, p8
BACKGROUND: The optimal treatment of displaced fractures of the proximal part of the humerus remains controversial. We evaluated the long-term functional and radiographic results of transosseous suture fixation in a series of selected displaced fractures of the proximal part of the humerus....
- Evaluations of guided bone regeneration in canine radius segmental defects using autologous periosteum combined with fascia lata under stable external fixation. Yu, Zhe; Geng, Jie; Gao, Haoran; Zhao, Xinwen; Chen, Jingyuan // Journal of Orthopaedics & Traumatology;Jun2015, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p133
Background: Although bone defect is one of the most common orthopaedic diseases, treatment remains a challenge and an issue of debate. Guided bone regeneration (GBR) is primarily accompanied by barrier membranes; however, optional membranes show some inherent flaws in clinical application. The...
- Comparison of external fixation, locking and non-locking palmar plating for unstable distal radius fractures in the elderly. N. Schmelzer-Schmied; P. Wieloch; A. Martini; W. Daecke // International Orthopaedics;Jun2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p773
AbstractÂ Â This study compares the effectiveness of locking and non-locking palmar plating and external fixation for unstable distal radius fractures in the elderly. In a retrospective match-paired study, 45 patients aged 50 to 70Â years who underwent surgery for C1/C2 distal radius...
- Conservative versus surgical management of Pipkin type I fractures associated with posterior dislocation of the hip: a randomised controlled trial. Chen, Zhi-wen; Lin, Bin; Zhai, Wen-liang; Guo, Zhi-min; Liang, Zhou; Zheng, Jia-Peng; Lian, Ke-jian; Ding, Zheng-qi // International Orthopaedics;Jul2011, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p1077
The aim of this study was to evaluate the long-term results of conservative and surgical fragment excision treatment in patients with Pipkin type 1 fractures of the femoral head associated with posterior dislocation of the hip by a randomised controlled trial. Sixteen patients were randomly...
- Clinical digest. Trial proves apremilast is effective long-term treatment for psoriasis. // Nursing Standard;10/10/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
The article discusses research in the article "Efficacy of Apremilast in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Psoriasis: A Randomised Controlled Trial" by K. Papp et al. which found that the drug apremilast is effective for the long term treatment of psoriasis.
- Clinical digest. Evidence supports wider use of tranexamic acid in traumatic bleeding. // Nursing Standard;10/10/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
The article discusses research in the article "Effect of Tranexamic Acid on Mortality in Patients With Traumatic Bleeding: Prespecified Analysis of Data From Randomised Controlled Trial" by I. Roberts et al. which found that tranexamic acid is safe and effective in treating traumatic bleeding.
- Clinical digest. Most people treated for schizophrenia experience no lasting improvements in health. // Nursing Standard;4/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p14
The article discusses research which was published in the article "Sustained Favourable Long-Term Outcome in the Treatment of Schizophrenia: A 3-Year Prospective Observational Study" by G Cuyun Carter et al. and found that most people treated for schizophrenia experience no lasting improvements...
- PERSPECTIVE. Hee Kit Wong // Orthopedics Today;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p26
The author comments on the study by Miyako Suzuki wherein Suzuki found that, in determining whether using local bone graft is as effective as iliac crest bone graft in case of L4 degenerative spondylolisthesis, there are fusion rates of 90% and 85%, respectively, in single-level instrumented cases.
- Clinical digest. Surgery for epilepsy can enhance patients' overall long-term quality of life. // Nursing Standard;3/7/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p18
The article discusses research which was reported in the article "Impact of Epilepsy Surgery on Seizure Control and Quality of Life: A 26-Year Follow-Up Study" by H. S. Mohammed et al and found that surgery for epilepsy can enhance patientsâ€™ overall long-term quality of life.