Architectural Analysis and Intraoperative Measurements Demonstrate the Unique Design of the Multifidus Muscle for Lumbar Spine Stability
- Only fixation for lumbar canal stenosis. Sim Sai Tin; Wiwanitkit, Viroj // Journal of Craniovertebral Junction & Spine;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p106
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Only Fixation for Lumbar Canal Stenosis" by A. Goel in a previous issue.
- Spine register officials: Lumbar disc herniation surgery positively affects quality of life. Houck, Kristine; Press, Robert; Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopaedics Today Europe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on the results of a registered-based study conducted by the group of Peter Fritzell of Falun Hospital in Sweden that surgical outcomes for patients with lumbar disc herniation (LDH) could be improved if the condition will be identified and treated within three months.
- Hybrid stabilization with ALIF L5/S1 and total disc replacement L4/L5. Schwarzenbach, Othmar // European Spine Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1995
The article discusses how spinal fusion hybrid technique can be effective in the treatment of chronic lumbar degenerative disc disease (DDD). Patients with multisegmental DDD resistant to conservative therapy are treated with either fusion or non-fusion surgical technique. The presented hybrid...
- An economic analysis of using rhBMP-2 for lumbar fusion in Germany, France and UK from a societal perspective. Alt, Volker; Chhabra, Amit; Franke, Jörg; Cuche, Matthieu; Schnettler, Reinhard; Le Huec, Jean-Charles // European Spine Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p800
Recombinant human Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 (rhBMP-2) can replace autogenous bone grafting in single-level lumbar interbody fusion. Its use is associated with a higher initial price for the intervention; 2,970â‚¬ in Germany, 2,950â‚¬ in France and 2,266â‚¬ (Â£1,790) in UK. The...
- Comment on Qian et al.: Outcomes of radical debridement versus no debridement for the treatment of thoracic and lumbar spinal tuberculosis. Zou, Yongyi; Huang, Jia // International Orthopaedics;Oct2016, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p2089
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Outcomes of radical debridement versus no debridement for the treatment of thoracic and lumbar spinal tuberculosis" in the June 2016 issue.
- Algorithmic approach to the management of the patient with lumbar spinal stenosis: Natural history of lumbar spinal stenosis. Doorly, Terence P.; Lambing, Cheryl L.; Malanga, Gerard A.; Maurer, Philip M.; Ralph F. Rashbaum // Journal of Family Practice;Aug2010 Supplement 2, Vol. 59, pS1
The article presents a case study of a 71-year-old woman who reported with a history of slowly worsening leg and buttock pain while walking. The patient manifested clinical signs and symptoms of lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS). It notes the assessment and differential diagnosis of LSS and discusses...
- Effect of Psychological Status on Outcome of Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery. Pollock, Raymond; Lakkol, Sandesh; Budithi, Chakra; Bhatia, Chandra; Krishna, Manoj // Asian Spine Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p178
Study Design: Prospective longitudinal study. Purpose: To determine if preoperative psychological status affects outcome in spinal surgery. Overview of Literature: Low back pain is known to have a psychosomatic component. Increased bodily awareness (somatization) and depressive symptoms are two...
- Cantilever Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion for Upper Lumbar Degenerative Diseases (Minimum 2 Years Follow Up). // Yonsei Medical Journal;3/1/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p314
No abstract available.
- Outcomes of Fluoroscopically Guided Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections in Degenerative Lumbar Spondylolisthesis Patients. Kraiwattanapong, Chaiwat; Wechmongkolgorn, Supaporn; Chatriyanuyok, Bangon; Woratanarat, Patarawan; Udomsubpayakul, Umaporn; Chanplakorn, Pongsathorn; Keorochana, Gun; Wajanavisit, Wiwat // Asian Spine Journal;2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p119
Study Design: A prospective cohort. Purpose: To report the short and long term outcomes of fluoroscopically guided lumbar transforaminal epidural steroid injection (TFESI) in degenerative lumbar spondylolisthesis (DLS) patients. Overview of Literature: TFESI has been widely used for the...