New Fixed-Income Chief Pushes Piper into Derivatives
- Take on Jaffray Hire: Integration Has Far to Go . Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;7/2/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 126, p7
Presents industry observers' assessment of the significance behind U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management's hiring of Mark Jordahl as its chief investment officer. Focus of Jordahl's task on merger integration activities of the firm; Details of their merger of U.S. Bancorp with Firstar...
- U.S. Bancorp Names New Brokerage Chief. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;10/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 190, p8
Reports that U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray has reassigned Paul Grangaard, head of its investment banking business, as the president of its brokerage business, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Private Advisory Services. Scope of responsibilities of Grangaard at the brokerage business.
- U.S. Bank Hires Merrill Equity Capital Pro . Reilly, Patrick // American Banker;3/18/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 52, p24
Reports the appointment of Brad England to head the equity capital markets desk of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. Career background; Job description.
- CEO Named for Firstar-U.S. Bancorp Unit. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;12/1/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 230, p20
Announces the appointment of Thomas Schreier, head of equity research at U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray, as chief executive officer of the asset management unit that would be formed when Firstar Corp. completes its deal to buy U.S. Bancorp. Accomplishments as head of equity research.
- Piper Jaffray Lures Former Lehmen Vet to Head N.Y. Fixed-Income Office. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p6
U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. has appointed John Calia, a former top trader at Lehman Brothers Inc., to head up the expansion of its fixed-income municipal trading and sales capabilities in New York. At Lehman, Calia reported to Peter Coleman, managing director and head of municipal bond...
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Taps ING & Strong Talent. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;7/2/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the executives from rival companies recruited by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Asset Management.
- U.S. Bancorp Gets New M&A Co-Head. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p27
Reports the appointment of Jeff A. Rosenkranz to the position of mergers and acquisitions head for U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray. Career highlights; Educational attainment; Duties and responsibilities.
- U.S. Bancorp Manager Leaving. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p2
Announces the departure of Michael McMahon as manager of underwriting and trading at Minneapolis, Minnesota-based U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray.