Moody's Replaces D&B on S&P 500
- Independent Moody's could be a more vigorous competitor. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p1
Reports on Dun & Bradstreet Corp.'s hiring of Goldman Sachs & Co. to assist it with a spin-off of its Moody's Investors Service unit. Corporate bureaucracy at Moody's Investors Service.
- Dun & Bradstreet Closer to Moody's Spin-Off With SEC Filing. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30922, p36
Updates on the progress of Dun & Bradstreet Corp.'s efforts to spin-off Moody's Investors Service. Filing of a Form 10 registration statement with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission; Expected changes after the spin-off.
- D&B slims. // Information World Review;Jan2000, Issue 154, p2
Reports on the restructuring plan of Dun & Bradstreet in January 2000. Reduction in the company's labor force; Decision of the company to spin off its subsidiary, Moody's Investors Service.
- S&P and Moody's have the rate stuff. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;06/15/98, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p4
Focuses on the benefits which Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's Rating Service received after Dun and Bradstreet Corp. split into three public companies. Amount of revenues which issuers generates; Issuing of $316 billion in public debt by United States companies for 1998; Amount...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p37
This article presents information about developments in securities industries in different states of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski appointed seven members to the Alaska Natural Gas Authority. The authority was created by a ballot initiative in November 2002 to...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p31
This article highlights various developments in the securities industry of states in the Middle West as of June 18, 2003. Moody's Investors Service Inc. has affirmed its A3 rating on Loyola University of Chicago in Illinois and its A1 rating on the Art Institute of Chicago's debt, in...
- Moody's scraps SPVs, suggests true sale might not be needed. Murra, Francesca // Asset Securitization Report;4/16/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p17
The article presents findings of a paper released by Moody's Investors Service according to which transactions could be structured without the need for a special purpose vehicle (SPV) in certain jurisdictions. The report asserts that there are circumstances in which the agency believes that a...
- S&P scales the walls of Moody's Massachusetts stronghold. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30789, p28
Reports on the competition between bond rating agencies Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the United States. Reasons given by companies for choosing a bond rating agency.
- 'Cleaning Up the Mess.'. Hume, Lynn; Resnick, Amy; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;04/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31117, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s decision to settle and obstruction of justice charge with the United States Justice Department and a subsequent management shakeup. Effects of the news on the agency's standing in the industry; Terms of the settlement made by the agency.