SEC's Maco Leaving for Private Firm
- Vinson & Elkins Makes New Hires. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p7
Reports on the addition of Barron Wallace and Suewan Johnson to the public finance office of Vinson & Elkins LLP.
- Pension Woes Hard To Assess. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32122, p1
The article reports that in the wake of rating agency warnings that unfunded pension liabilities have reached crisis proportions in some states and have emerged as a major credit concern. Paul Maco, a partner at Vinson & Elkins LLP in Washington, D.C, said during a session at the National...
- Vinson & Elkins Hires Former Dallas Mayor Ron Kirk. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32065, p6
The article reports that former mayor of Dallas, Texas Ron Kirk has joined Vinson & Elkins LLC's public policy and finance division. Kirk will be a partner in the firm, working out of its Dallas office. In addition to public finance law, Kirk is expected to do some lobbying for Vinson & Elkins....
- Challenge lost in court battle. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;12/13/93, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p10
Reports that the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit upheld the interest rate assumption made by law firm, Vinson and Elkins in calculating funding for its defined benefit pension plan.
- Law firm to appeal malpractice verdict. Marley, Sara // Business Insurance;8/22/94, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p29
Reports on the appeal by Vinson & Elkins of a legal malpractice verdict of more than $20 million by a Houston jury. Compensatory damages awarded to the estate of oil magnate W.T. Moran; Allegations of the charges; Insurance of Vinson & Elkins by Attorney's Liability Assurance Society Inc.
- Houston is talking... Zeman, N. // Newsweek;9/4/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p7
Reports that there are allegations of a sex scandal at Houston's high-powered Vinson & Elkins law firm.
- Shorts. Sangillo, Gregg // National Journal;7/7/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 27, p61
The article announces the appointment of Christopher Carr at Vinson & Elkins.
- Vinson launches Riyadh operation. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer;5/9/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p3
The article informs that Vinson & Elkins has opened a new office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to expand its practice in the Middle East.
- Vinson & Elkins gives up on London finance. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p2
Reports on Texas-based law firm Vinson and Elkins LLP's closure of finance practice in London, England. End of relationship with London-based finance partner Peter Gaines; Plan of the firm to concentrate purely on work from the U.S.