Motivating staff left behind by relocation
- ALL THE RIGHT MOVES. Craig, Tara // Personnel Today;7/1/2008, p28
The article discusses the role human resource (HR) department plays in case of relocation of the company. It states that presenting a consistent and detailed picture of what staff can look forward during and after the move will help to manage staff expectations. It suggest that carefully planned...
- Rules for (Hitting) The Road. Grensing-Pophal, Lin // HR Magazine;May2002, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p81
Discusses the importance of drawing up a company relocation policy in keeping employee transfers equitable. Levels of coverage of relocation policies; Policy development process; Goal of relocation policies.
- Creating a relocation policy helps attract key prospects. Rabe, Mark // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p9A
Gives advice on how to design a relocation policy for employees. Consideration for the company's objectives; Analysis of the past moving trends; Assistance of a consulting firm to provide a benchmark study.
- International insecurity. Wilson, Frances // People Management;6/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p61
Focuses on a survey conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain to investigate the impact of global, economic and political situations on international assignments and employee relocations. Key findings; Recommendations.
- Moving? See what's in your relocation package. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/10/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p18
Discusses factors businesses should offer in their relocation package. Transfer of vehicles to the new location; Child-care assistance; Cultural training; Elder-care assistance; Home-finding trip.
- An Out-of-State Experience. Seel, Cindy; Humfeld, Terry // Association Management;Sep2000, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p78
Presents information on employee relocation and telecommuting. Revision of the telecommuting model; Adaptation of the organizational culture; Five areas involved in the working arrangement to all staff; Problems encountered.
- Dislocation or Capitalization? Critical Choices in Group Move Relocation. Carter, Simon; Minkes, A.L.; Dale, B.G.; Carter, G.; Kolb, F.; Luzon, D.M.; Schmidt, A.; Wallace, M. // Journal of General Management;Autumn99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p72
Business relocations can have abroad range of dislocation effects on individuals and organizations according to study findings in Great Britain. In extreme cases, employees blamed group moves for personal crises including divorce and behavioral problems with children. More generally, individuals...
- El Manual de Traslado en la gestiÃ³n de un cambio. de Oliveira, Alberto // Revista de ComunicaciÃ³n (1888198X);2009, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p38
No abstract available.
- Appeals to relocate leave employees unmoved. // Management Review;Oct79, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p5
Analyzes the hesitation of U.S. employees to relocate to follow their transferring companies as of 1979. Effects of moving costs, difficulties in selling homes and spouses' careers; Average non-reimbursed expenses of employees surveyed.