Hail to the chief?
- How To Deny Employees Free Choice. Taylor Jr., Stuart // National Journal;3/21/2009, p6
The author opposes the Employee Free Choice Act, a bill that is supported by U.S. President Barack Obama and under deliberation in Congress. He contends that the bill is not necessary to remedy the employer abuses of which unions complain. The bill would probably be bad for employees and...
- Retail Labor Union Cheers Obama Victory. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;11/10/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 45, p1
The article informs that the largest supermarket union of the U.S. is happy over the victory of Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential election. The union watching the victory as a mandate to reform labor law and organize non-union retailers. Obama has said he would support passage of the...
- Change is coming...to benefits. Geisel, Jerry; Halonen, Doug; Schoeff Jr., Mark // Workforce Management;11/17/2008 Benefits Outlook, p8
The article reports that when U.S. President elect Barack Obama assumes the presidency in January 2009, the employee benefits legislative landscape in Washington will undergo a major change. It is stated that the U.S. Congress will pass legislation to expand the Family and Medical Leave Act. It...
- OBAMA'S KATRINA. Rall, Ted // Boise Weekly;6/2/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p9
The article offers the author's insights on the alleged inefficient leadership of U.S. President Barack Obama, which he relates the new Obama document deciding to go with a cheaper and riskier doomed Deepwater Horizon platform as alternative energy for the devastating oil spill occurs in U.S....
- Barack Obama. Kennedy, David M. // Time International (Asia Edition);5/2/2011, Vol. 177 Issue 17, p79
The article features U.S. President Barack Obama and his leadership skills.
- The Curiously Quiet Barack Obama. Lynch, Cameron // U.S. News Digital Weekly;3/11/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p16
The author comments on the leadership style of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- President Obama should fight on many fronts. Huerta, Alvaro // La Prensa San Diego;3/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p6
The article presents the author's views on the need to maintain a forceful, proactive leadership approach by U.S. President Barack Obama in order to get tough with his opponents who want to make him fail and to improve the lives of the American people and reduce the inequalities that afflict them.
- HIRE Act's Enforcement Loophole Stirs Worry. Whitehouse, Tammy // Compliance Week;Jul2010, Vol. 7 Issue 78, p14
A summary is presented of the bill Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment (HIRE) act, signed by President Barack Obama in the U.S. on March 18, 2010.
- Unsubsidized Americans Must Speak Out on Obamacare. Jeffrey, Terence P. // Human Events;11/9/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 39, p8
The article discusses how U.S. President Obama's healthcare plan will bias families who earn 89,000 dollars annually. Under the proposed bill, employers may opt to pay 400 dollars per employee to the government instead of paying thousands of dollars to private health insurances. While families...