WORK STRESS RISES AS ECONOMY SUFFERS
- Workaholics beware. // Industry Week/IW;02/02/98, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p77
Points out the signs and symptoms of workplace stress as outlined by Barbara Bruce, a behavioral medicine specialist at the Mayo Clinic.
- Lawyer 2B Stress Survey: what are the chief causes of stress? Simmons, Richard // Lawyer 2B;5/29/2014, p6
The article presents information on the Stress in Law survey of the journal on causes of job stress. The survey found that only 55 % of the respondents felt that they had too much work and too little time. About 44% of all trainees surveyed said that difficult or unpleasant superiors is a common...
- Recruitment revealed as UK's most stressful job. Williams, Nadia // Personnel Today;9/16/2008, p95
The article reports that according to a research by the Stroke Association, recruitment consultants have the most stressful occupation in Great Britain. The survey of 1,000 staff across a variety of professions depicts that recruitment was the most stressful working environment in Great Britain,...
- burnout: a manager's worst nightmare. Stanley, T. L. // Supervision;May2004, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p11
Discusses how work stress could result to burnout. Definition of burnout; Causes; Symptoms; Ways for managers to deal with burnout.
- CORPORATE EXECUTIVES' JOBS GET TOUGHER. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 134 Issue 2728, p7
The article reports on the increasing work pressure being faced by corporate executives in the U.S. according to a survey conducted by Robert Half Management Resources in 2005. 89% of executives said that business environment is more challenging than five years ago. According to Paul McDonald,...
- Stress for Success. Gamse, Peg // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p101
Discusses the role of managers in preventing bad stress environments and cultivating good stress ones. Definition of stress; Effects of bad stress; Characteristics of good stress managers. INSET: Is Your Organization Functional?.
- Jon stress. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/01/97, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p18
Presents the results of the survey done by the periodical CityBusiness about job stress. How stressful is the job; How to deal with job stress; What managers should do to make the office less stressful.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;6/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p19
Focuses on the De Keyser Ltd. versus Wilson case, which deals with work-related stress. Overview of the case; Duties of an employer; Challenges of proving work-related stress.
- How well do you handle job stress? Tudino, Cristina // Self;Jan2008, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p98
A quiz about approaches on how to handle job stress is presented.