Practice Tune-Up: How's Your Professional Network?
- A diverse bunch. // BRW;9/6/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p16
The article reports on the results of the latest member survey by the Financial Planning Association of Australia. Fifty-seven percent of the members think that the organization has improved in the previous year, but 40 percent believe there was no progress. Three percent claim that the...
- FPA Members Feel Stress, See Opportunity in Market Turmoil. King, Rebecca // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan/Feb2009 Practice Management, p29
The article discusses results of three surveys taken among members of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). An ongoing financial crisis has prompted planners to spend more time with their clients. Over 30% of planners say market volatility has increased their stress levels. Over 40% of...
- Youth market boosts perception of advisers. Egan, Liam // Money Management;1/20/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) Consumer Sentiment survey 2004 revealed that 51 per cent of all respondents had plans to see a financial adviser. The survey was undertaken by RMIT University, sampling a total of 1,067 consumers throughout Australia. Another...
- IN THE PROFESSION. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p20
The article reports on developments related to financial planning services industry in the U.S. The Financial Planning Association's (FPA) board of directors have gathered jointly with the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Governors prior to the FPA's Success Forum that was held in...
- Concerns FPA board has sidelined practising planners. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the removal of practising financial planners in the board of the Financial Planning Assocation (FPA).
- FPA member numbers up despite 'growing pains'. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;11/4/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p4
The article announces that the Financial Planning Association (FPA) has added 1,047 members in 2009-2010 in Australia.
- Long Time No CFP. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the support of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the need for financial planners to have Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Remarks from FPA Chairman Roy T. Diliberto; Defense of FPA President Guy Cumbie on the importance of CFP label; Criticisms from non-CFP...
- Financial Planners Against Restraint of Trade. Brock, Henry S. // Financial Planning;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p192
Criticizes the support of the Financial Planning Association to make the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) an official designation for financial planners. Motives of the financial industry in demanding for regulation; Problems with the CFP education.
- Thank you for being a part of the Heart of Financial Planning. // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2008 Solutions, p29
The article presents a list of individuals who have been members of the Financial Planning Association for 35 years, including Gerald S. Adelman, James P. Ambrose Jr., and Carlyle D. Apple.