Time for a Contingency Communication Plan
- Review your reviews. Viskovic, Sue; Clark, Lana // Money Management;12/8/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p22
The authors discuss the importance of checking the client review processes being used by financial advisers to keep the long-term engagement of their clients in times of instant gratification and market volatility. They state that an adviser can show the value of long-term relationship through...
- The New Normal. Finley, Daniel C. // Advisor Today;Jul2010, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p58
The article provides strategies to adjust business practices to the new normal, which means implementing the best business practices to make a better connection with the prospects and clients. These include adjusting to the new investor and advisors mentality and adopting new practice management...
- Reaching out. HOOD, DANIEL // Accounting Today;Aug2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on how leading certified public accountant (CPA) financial planners are keeping their clients on track during market volatility. It says that Wealth Magnets is developing new investment vehicles and monitors their strategies to maintain the financial plans of their clients....
- The Reality of Responsibility. Finley, Daniel C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep/Oct2010 Practice Management, p20
The article looks at the responsibilities of a financial planner in investment planning in a volatile market. It reveals that taking a full responsibility for keeping in contact with clients during volatile times via letters, e-mails, voicemails, phone conversations and in person is necessary...
- Life Stories. KASS, ELLIOT // Onwallstreet.com;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how she became financial planner and putting her clients' interests first.
- Positive charge. Byrne, Tony // Money Marketing;1/10/2013, p21
The author comments on how the government's Retail Distribution Review (RDR) helps create better relationships between clients and independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain.
- What Keeps You Awake at Night? Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p74
Focuses on factors that concern financial planners. It was found that planners have plenty of issues in mind from market volatility and client relationships to practice management issues and the future of financial planning. According to Mary Smidt, certified financial planner at Heartland...
- Adjusting to the New Normal. Finley, Daniel C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2010 Practice Management, p26
The article offers various strategies on how a financial planner can connect better with his client in the middle of a fluctuating market. These strategies include adjustment to the mentality of the investor which means exploring the fears of the investor regarding his financial portfolio....
- Advisors: Embrace the Winners ... and Losers. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial-planning.com;10/1/2015, p1
Help clients understand that temporary losers in a volatile market are just that: temporary.