Smart HVAC&R Equipment--Coming to a Building Near You?
- letters. Coleman, James; Jagusztyn, Ted // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/29/2009, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p4
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, "HVAC is Key to Saving Cash" in the April 6, 2009 issue and the role of innovation to endure the recession.
- Don't Put Learning on the Back Burner. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/2/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 14, p40
The author reflects on the impact of advancements to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry in the U.S. He said that these advances help improve the services in the industry and will make HVAC-related works faster and easier. On the other hand, he pointed that many people...
- Best Makers in HVAC Contest. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/14/2008, Vol. 234 Issue 11, p50
The author reflects on the effort of people in heating and ventilation industry in improving the industry. According to the author, the industry is still growing through the innovative efforts of the people. The author mentioned about the Best Makers in HVAC contest to be hosted by "The News"...
- No Communication Breakdown Here. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/23/2010, Vol. 240 Issue 17, p30
The article discusses the advanced communicating thermostats in the U.S. It notes the reason why contractors need to be knowledgeable on the latest innovations in thermostats and demonstrate to customers the benefits of the said devices particularly in the matters of cost-savings and...
- Direct-fired makeup air equipment. Rutkowski, Hank // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/5/93, Vol. 189 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the use of direct-fired air equipment. Industrial applications with makeup air requirement; Degradation in performance of some equipment without makeup air requirement; Traditional use; Heating applications; Purging of contaminants; Safety feature; Results of tests conducted on...
- New ASHRAE IAQ standard this spring. // Appliance Manufacturer;Mar1995, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p90
Informs about products related to design and ventilation. Information about Fresh air exchanger by Research Products Corp., Carbotron Filtration System by Glasfloss Industries and Trion SE 1400 by Trion Incorporated; More.
- Technology Went Too Far This Time. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/1/2010, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p34
In this article the author reflects on the customization and technological innovations of several new products from heating and ventilation industry (HVAC), which according to him is overkill and unnecessary.
- Save it for a winter day. Wagner, John D.; Gunther, Judith Anne // Popular Science;Feb96, Vol. 248 Issue 2, p37
Reports that engineers at Lulea Technical University in Sweden are drilling holes in bedrock by attaching heat exchangers at ground level that can be removed to heat homes. What the bedrock's thermal mass can efficiently preserve.
- Bet on the Next Big HVAC Product. Gargaro, Kyle // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/6/2013, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p50
The article presents the author's insights on the future of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) technology.