- On Thin Ice. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;1/17/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the threat of warmer winters that melt ice needed by polar bears to hunt food.
- Polar Problem. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;1/24/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p2
Presents information on the impact of global warming on the physiological needs of polar bears.
- On Thin Ice. Janes, Patricia // Science World;12/11/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p12
The author relates her experience in traveling aboard the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Healy to investigate how global warming affects polar bears and walruses.
- POLAR BEARS IN PERIL. // Junior Scholastic;9/1/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses how the polar bear and its Arctic habitat are being affected by global warming, greenhouse gases and the environmental policies being pursued by the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush.
- On Thin Ice! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);1/17/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 14, p2
Presents guidelines for teaching elementary students the impact of global warming on polar bears.
- Global Warming Threatens Polar Bear Hunting. Samuel, Dave // Bowhunter;Oct/Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p154
The article reports on the impact global warming has on the hunting of polar bears.
- Polar Bears in Manitoba. // Earthwatch Institute Journal;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p45
Cites a study conducted by researchers Jane Waterman and James Roth for investigating the role of play-fighting among polar bears and the impact of ecotourism on the social lives of male polar bears in Churchill, Manitoba. Consequences of global warming on polar bear population.
- THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING POLAR BEARS. Morrison, Jim // National Wildlife;Feb/Mar2004, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the effect of global warming on the health and existence of polar bears in Hudson Bay, Canada. Behavior of female polar bears from April through Summer; Effort needed to hunt; Impact of globabl warming and melting ice on the polar bear; Storage capacity of polar bears; Primary prey of...
- Polar bear capital of the world braces for big melt. // Asian Pacific Post;12/6/2007, p10
The article deals with the possible effect of global warming on tourism in Churchill, Manitoba. It notes that global warming could drive away the polar bears, which is the main tourist attraction of the place. But Mayor Michael Spence hopes that the place will become a thriving port city in the...