'The Struggle for the Streets': Unemployed Hawkers, Protest Culture and Repression in the Barcelona area (c. 1918â€“1936)
- TUNISIAN WORKERS CLASH WITH PRO-GOVERNMENT SUPPORTERS. // New York Amsterdam News;12/6/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 49, p2
The article informs a protest which has been carried out by the workers of the Tunisian General Labour Union regarding the increase in unemployment and dissatisfaction with the government of Tunisia.
- Kohl hears from the unemployed. Kim, Lucian; English, Carey W. // U.S. News & World Report;02/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on the impact of high unemployment rates in Germany. Protests of citizens; Scarcity of work in East Germany.
- Major protests wrack Bosnia; hundreds injured, buildings burned. // Hill;2/10/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p9
The article reports that demonstrators in Bosnia & Hercegovina burned government buildings which injured hundreds of people, as they protest over high unemployment.
- Marching for the victims of gun violence. ARINDE, NAYABA // New York Amsterdam News;11/10/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 45, p6
The article offers information on the march by the protestors for the victims who died in the inner-city gun violence in Brownsville, New York. It offers information on the death of Zurana Horton, mother who was shot down by young man. According to AT. Mitchell, chief executive officer (CEO),...
- Hull-House in 1932: II. Wilson, Edmund // New Republic;1/25/33, Vol. 73 Issue 947, p287
Presents information on the protest of the Socialists and Communists in Chicago, Illinois against the declaration made by the Chicago Emergency Relief Commission regarding relief for the unemployed. Reference to a demonstration in which Karl Borders, Chicago secretary of the League for...
- Mass protests deepen revolution. Harrison, Patrick // Green Left Weekly;2/2/2011, Issue 866, p12
The article reports on the mass protests that demand for the overthrow of the Democratic Constitutional Rally (RCD) party, and for policies that would ease the unemployment status in Tunisia. It mentions that protesters have ransacked the RCS offices in 30 towns and cities across the country. It...
- 'Stop the cuts' movement grows. Davis, Rowenna // New Internationalist;Dec2010, Issue 438, p57
The article discusses the growth and popularity of the "Stop the cuts" movement in London, England, a demonstration that protests against the loss of public sector jobs in a spending review in October 2010.
- Brazilian groups protest attacks. // Body Politic;Sep80, Issue 66, p15
Reports on a demonstration organized by gay, black and feminist groups, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on June 13, 1980, in protest of a wave of police violence against transvestites, prostitutes and unemployed people in the city center. Details of a combined military and police operation aimed for a...
- TAKING ACTIONâ€¦. // PRWeek (London);12/4/2009, p8
the article offers information on a protest staged by Youth Fight for Jobs against the British government for failing their futures. Over 1,000 unemployed young people gathered in Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park. The group's protest was supported by Labour Member of Parliament John McDonnell....