- WHAT ARE YOU WORTH? Scofidio, Barbara // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on managers who decided to shift career path from buyer to supplier, the article by senior writer Alison Hall on managers who tend to be experts in the meetings industry, and the online career resource for readers.
- Meetings Math. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2007 Supplement, Vol. 26, p12
The article provides information on the meeting and convention facilities from Las Vegas Meetings by Harrah's Entertainment Inc. and from the MGM Mirage. Las Vegas Meetings offers meeting planners six hotels and the convenience of being able to consolidate the site selection process by using a...
- NEWS MAKERS:. // Medical Meetings;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p39
The article announces that Peter Psihas was appointed director of group sales at the JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles and Eric Gavin was appointed director of sales and marketing at Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
- Harrah's gets preliminary OK to buy Planet. Knightly, Arnold M. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, pP13
The article reports that a preliminary approval was given by the Nevada Gaming Control Board for Harrah's Entertainment to buy Planet Hollywood Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Harrah's wins second bid for casino project. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/6/94, Vol. 209 Issue 10, p30
Reports that Harrah's Casino Hotels, the casino-entertainment division of the Promus Cos., was again selected to exclusively negotiate for the license to develop and operate New Orleans, La.'s only land-based casino. Negation of the first bid on the project.
- Harrah's expands hotels in Vegas, Atlantic City. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/4/95, Vol. 210 Issue 15, p46
Reports on Harrah's Entertainment Inc.'s announcement of a major expansion plans for two casinos-hotels in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Harrah's, Rio shareholders approve merger. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p22
Focuses on shareholders' approval of the merger proposal between Harrah's Entertainment Inc. and Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Rincon Casino Ahead Of Schedule. // San Diego Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p25
Reports on the advanced construction of a casino and resort developed by Harrah's Entertainment Inc. and the Rincon San Luiseno Band of Mission Indians in san Diego, California.
- The big game begins. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/8/95, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p5
Opinion. Comments on the opening of the Harrah's Casino in New Orleans, La. Casino's opening as New Orleans' entry into the gambling business; Effects of the casino operations on the New Orleans economy.