- WHAT ARE YOU WORTH? Scofidio, Barbara // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2010, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on managers who decided to shift career path from buyer to supplier, the article by senior writer Alison Hall on managers who tend to be experts in the meetings industry, and the online career resource for readers.
- Meetings Math. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2007 Supplement, Vol. 26, p12
The article provides information on the meeting and convention facilities from Las Vegas Meetings by Harrah's Entertainment Inc. and from the MGM Mirage. Las Vegas Meetings offers meeting planners six hotels and the convenience of being able to consolidate the site selection process by using a...
- NEWS MAKERS:. // Medical Meetings;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p39
The article announces that Peter Psihas was appointed director of group sales at the JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles and Eric Gavin was appointed director of sales and marketing at Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
- Harrah's expands hotels in Vegas, Atlantic City. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/4/95, Vol. 210 Issue 15, p46
Reports on Harrah's Entertainment Inc.'s announcement of a major expansion plans for two casinos-hotels in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Harrah's, Rio shareholders approve merger. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/23/98, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p22
Focuses on shareholders' approval of the merger proposal between Harrah's Entertainment Inc. and Rio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The big game begins. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/8/95, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p5
Opinion. Comments on the opening of the Harrah's Casino in New Orleans, La. Casino's opening as New Orleans' entry into the gambling business; Effects of the casino operations on the New Orleans economy.
- Operators say gambling boats haven't missed a beat. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/8/95, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the effects of the opening of Harrah's Casino New Orleans on gambling boats operating in the area. Operators' dismissal of the possible competition from the land-based casino; Comments from gambling boats operators.
- Red-faced and humiliated: The horrible plight of Harrah's. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p5
Opinion. Comments on the decision of Harrah's Entertainment Inc. to pull the plug on its temporary casino in New Orleans, Louisiana. Impact on local residents, schools and charities; Legal obligations of the company.
- Harrah's won't seek casino. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;07/14/97, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p30
Reports that Harrah's Entertainment has declined to bid on casino licenses in Detroit, Michigan. Reason for Harrah's decision; Other companies that have declined to bid.