Pull Off a Productive
- Ways of Seeing. Douaihy, Margot // AV Technology;Nov2011, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including the availability of telepresence andvideoconferencing tools, advancements in telepresence adoption, and the three criterias for making desktop and mobile videoconferencing work for...
- Emerging desktop systems were the center of attention at Telecon XIII. Lawton, George // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan94, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p114
Discusses the dominance of the emerging desktop videoconferencing systems at the 1994 Telecon XIII conference. Statistics on systems installed; Factors increasing the deployment of desktop systems; Participants; Face-2-Face from Rich Millennium Inc. as the most attractive high-speed video system...
- Closer than you think. // Communications News;Mar2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
Presents information on a roundtable discussion about videoconferencing and Web conferencing. Impact of video and Web conferencing on enterprises; Uses of Web and video conferencing; Cost involved with videoconferencing; Challenges that are involved in the future of Web conferencing. INSET:...
- Videoconferencing is worth checking out. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p60
Provides information on videoconferencing, a camera, a multimedia computer and somebody at the other end of the Internet connection who is similarly equipped. Features of Web conferencing systems; Uses and caveats of video or Web conferencing; Information on Web conferencing software.
- Conferencing over the telephone and via the airwaves. Rosman, Janie L. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/11/93, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p19
Reports on technologies that could make videoconferencing a viable option to help companies conduct its daily business. Teleconferencing services offered in the market; Pros and cons in using videoconferencing technologies; Results of Dataquest's end-user survey on companies' plans for buying...
- Eyeball to Eyeball. // Management Services;Nov2000, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p18
The article explains how technological innovations in videoconferencing have made it more flexible and of greater use to the industry. First, personal computer (PC) graphics circuitry and processing power can now reproduce live television quality, as evidenced by the large number of DVDs being...
- A special interest in technology. Casey, Peter; Murphy, Leah; Cottie, Nathan // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p11
Discusses the benefits of videoconferencing technology in making a sustainable difference to everyday business for accounting firms. Benefits of videoconferencing technology to firms; Technological innovations expected to further improve videoconferencing; Implications on accounting firms.
- In your face, from afar. Spark, David // eWeek;10/2/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 39, pV3
The article discusses the growing interest of small- and medium-sized business in the use of Voice-over Internet Protocol for teleconferencing in the U.S. Cited as an example is the use of a room-based videoconferencing system by Web-Centric Alternative Certification Program, a company that is...
- Meet Me on the Web. Roberti, Mark // Fortune;Winter2002 Tech Review, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p37
Reports on interest in videoconferencing amid fears of flying. How salespeople from Haverly Systems made a sales pitch to BP executives in London from New Jersey; Videoconferencing representing 10% of the teleconferencing industry; Potential implications for videoconferencing hosts.