Why Are Women Left at Home: Are They Unwilling To Go On International Assignments?
- Eight Failings That Bedevil the Best. Waldroop, James; Butler, Timothy // Fortune;11/23/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p293
Describe eight management types in the business world which highlight overlooked weaknesses in executives. The home-run hitter that is too impatient and overly competitive; The Peacekeeper who is wonderful at getting co-workers to cooperate but has trouble getting things done; The Rebel who...
- Practice Being Decisive. // Grovo Learning: Practice Being Decisive;2016, p1
Video length: 2 minutes and 4 seconds. Being decisive is an easy goal to set, and it will help you make and act on decisions efficiently. But decisiveness is a skill, and there are specific tactics, detailed in this video, that you should use to encourage yourself to be more decisive day to day....
- 7 work problems--solved. Billings, Laura // Redbook;Mar98, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p53
Discusses how to solve seven of the nastiest work dilemmas that women employees might face. Scheduling work and family; How to cope with backstabbers in the office; How to make an ally from a former rival for a management position.
- MODERN CONCEPT OF MANAGEMENT. Umoh, Sunday M. // Management International Review (MIR);1977, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p77
As one examines the modern concepts of management, one cannot escape the impression of an existence of the classical/ancient concept of management. Whether this distinction between ancient and modern exists, to what extent, the relationships of the two and how the gap may be bridged therefore...
- Avoiding entrapment. Main, Daphne; Rambo, Robert G. // CPA Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p24
Explains the decision-making phenomenon known as entrapment in project management. Definition of entrapment; Factors that lead to the implementation of entrapment; Discussion on the psychological reasons that underlie entrapment; Strategies to avoid entrapment.
- The rise of the project manager. Sullivan, C.C. // Buildings;May95, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the title, Project Manager. Responsibilities of the project manager.
- 1O TRENDS IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT. // Baseline;Jul2008, Issue 86, p17
The article lists the top 10 trends in project management for 2008 which includes investment in project management, better and faster project decision-making, and critical thinking as a key project.
- Project Management: Cross your bridges before you come to them. Shah, Ramesh P. // Management Review;Dec71, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p21
Discusses the application of the SHINDICA method, short for Symptoms, History, Investigation, Diagnosis and Corrective Action, in project management. Importance of preventive measures and early treatment; Progress reporting; Value of long-term action.
- A Systematic Methodology for Selecting Project Management Systems. Aaron, A. Larry // AACE International Transactions;2002, p01.1
Presents a methodology for selecting project management systems. and software. Decision-making (DM) in the construction industry; Reasons why rational processes is not always employed to make decisions.