Bay Area Ballot Items Take Aim at Transportation Woes
- St. Louis Metro Readies Debt Restructuring. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;6/19/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33931, p1
This article reports on a 375 million dollar-bond to be issued by St. Louis Metro transit in Chicago, Illinois in June 2013. The bond is under a restructuring and refunding that will introduce a lien supported by revenues from sales tax. Retail order period is scheduled on June 26, 2013, with...
- WASHINGTON: Sales Tax May Fund Roads. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/22/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32534, p35
The article reports on the move of the Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority board of directors to decide on the 20-year 0.5% sales tax increase for route extensions in Washington. The sales tax increase, which will be voted on January 11, 2007, will advance $7.4 billion and big amount...
- Broward County Faces Big Bond, Tax Votes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32500, p1
The article reports on the issue concerning the approval of a $450-million bond to build a new central county courthouse complex in Broward County, Florida. Voters in the county are not yet convinced about the approval of the bond issue and are reluctant to increase the sales tax to pay for more...
- Spokane can't afford not to support Proposition 1. Lynch, Dean; Behring, Pamela // Journal of Business (10756124);9/12/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, pA4
Comments on the proposed increase in sales tax to preserve public transit in Spokane, Washington. Status of reserves used by the Spokane transit authority to fund public transit; Revenues from the proposed sales tax increase.
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority Refunding $111 Million. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31632, p3
The Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority will sell $111 million of revenue refunding bonds as of May 2003, in a deal that is expected to save it almost $8 million as the authority contends with historic declines in sales tax revenue used to secure its debt. Poor's and Moody's Investors...
- WISCONSIN: RTA May Vote on Sales Tax. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32540, p25
The article reports on the voting possibility of the Wisconsin Regional Transit Authority on the second week of January 2007 to ask for state legislative approval to give southeastern counties authority to consider a sales tax for a commuter train line and to change how the agency pays for its...
- Early Retirement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the announcement of the sufficient countywide sales tax collection by the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District in Wisconsin. Use of the tax collection to repay issued bonds; Total amount of sales tax collected.
- The Voters Speak. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p31
Reports on the approved three bond measures in several localities in Alaska. Amount of the released general obligation bonds of schools; Rejection of bond issue to build government offices; Enactment of sales tax.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p29
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Approval of local-option sales taxes by voters; Construction of the resort and conference center by West Feliciana Parish; Debate on the sale of revenue bonds by officials in Jackson.