Houston City Council Cuts Property Taxes, OKs Arena Deal
- Delinquent-liens bill chugs along in Ohio legislature. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p37
Discusses the possibility of urban counties in Ohio being able to raise cash by selling liens for delinquent property taxes or leveraging them to back bond issues if a pending legislation successfully passes the state House following a November 13, 1997 approval from the Senate. Terms of the...
- 'Onerous' Tax Prop. 4 May Force Anchorage to Hurry Issuance. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30982, p4
Reports that the City of Anchorage, Alaska will sell general obligation bonds to repair city school buildings. Aim of issuing the bonds before a state ballot measure on property tax cap is approved by votes on November 7, 2000; Planned uses of the bond proceeds; Rating of the bonds by Moody's...
- Property tax repeal in Arkansas could mean downgrades. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p1
Reports on a warning by Moody's Investors Service that a ballot proposal in Arkansas to eliminate property taxes could cause downgrading for the state and local governments. Direct credit consequence for local governments and school districts; Impact of shortfall on credit quality of local...
- Florida's Proposed Property Tax Changes Could Affect Ratings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p7
The article reports on the possible effects of the proposed property tax changes in Florida on its credit ratings. The property tax proposals could undermine the credit of local governments across the state. Ad valorem taxes would be replaced with volatile sales tax revenues. There is a great...
- Spend and Borrow Our Way to Prosperity? Sabrin, Murray // njbiz;11/5/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p12
The author offers opinion about the ballot questions that will be voted by residents of New Jersey in November 2007. The first question will ask voters to amend the state constitution that will allocate the 1 cent increase in the sales tax to property tax relief. The second question will ask...
- Colorado Bonds Face Triple Threat. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p1
The article focuses on the threats brought by bond proposals in Colorado. It notes that Proposition 61 may ban the state borrowing, Proposition 60 may overturn de-Brucing elections and cut local mill levy property tax halfway by 2020, and Proposition 101 may have revenue cut. It is expected that...
- Senate approves tax/mandate relief bill. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/10/95 - 7/17/95, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p31
Reports that the New York State Senate has approved a bill adding six towns in Orange County to the list of municipalities which may levy a property tax against the state for the Palisades Parklands.
- Ark. hospital loses property-tax case. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p4
Reports on a ruling of the Arkansas Supreme Court on hospital property taxes, that a not-for-profit hospital must pay taxes on county property it leases on behalf of doctors. Reference to the ruling against Crittenden Hospital Association; Other information on hospital property taxes.
- WA: Members Oppose Local Parking Tax. // GPP eNews;4/8/2011, p4
The article reports that members of the Washington State Government Relations Committee opposed a bill to allow local governments to add a parking tax to the local property tax bill.