Treasuries Swoon and Munis Slide; Tax-Exempt Prices Drop 3/8-Point
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p1
Presents a graph depicting the rate of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 19, 2003. Rate market retail orders; State of the clean water and drinking water revenue bonds.
- Muni Yields Firm Two Basis Points; Retail Starts for $500M N.Y.C. Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p2
Reports that municipal bonds firmed two basis points in New York, New York. Conduct of a two-day retail order period of the general obligation bonds; Factors causing the increase in treasuries; Attributions of the weakness in the government market.
- Bid for Municipal Bonds Weakens, But Market Activity Remains Light. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p2
Reports the decline of municipal bond bidding in the United States. Decrease on the annual home sales rate; Nature of the market activity for retail trade; Bids received by the Colorado Springs and the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; N.Y. MTA Deal Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31405, p2
Reports on the changes of municipal bonds at the primary market in the U.S. Increase of bond prices for stocks; Sale of bonds by traders; Growth of demands for retail trade.
- California investors give up on interest rates and dive into municipals. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p7
Reports that many Californian retail investors are giving up on interest rates and going into municipal bonds. Comments made by W. Peck Ferrin, manager of the municipal department at BancAmerica Robertson Stephens in San Francisco, California; Reference to information found in `MuniView,' The...
- Cries for yield among `bread-and-butter' muni investors go unanswered. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;05/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30399, p9
Focuses on the yields of municipal bonds in the retail sector of the United States. Attitude by municipal bond investors to the market's performance; Comment by Dave Jeffries, manager of bond trading at Spelman & Co.; Factors affecting the market's performance.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;05/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30399, p9
Presents information on the performance of municipal bonds in the retail sector in the United States as of May 22, 1998. California yield curve; Municipal market data yield curves.
- Municipal Bond Prices Drift Spotty 1/8 To 1/4 in Apathetic Trading Session. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p2
Reports the decrease of municipal bond prices on Treasury Market in the United States. Details on the statistics showing equity losses; Statement of chief economist Mike Moran; Factors contributing to the decline of retail sales.
- Municipal Bond Prices Stable; Puerto Rico Priced for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31144, p2
Reports the stability of municipal bonds prices for retail investors in Puerto Rico. Comparison of bonds due 2016 and 2021; Influence of direct retail investments on the market; Concerns on municipal bonds supply.