Bank of New York Runs Afoul of Investors in Nursing Home Deal
- Estate Plans Reconsidered with New Tax Rates. Reardon, Dennis // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2014, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p15
When avoiding estate taxation was the primary objective of the trust, the trustee with discretionary control over income might not distribute income to a beneficiary if the income was unlikely to be spent. Making distributions to a beneficiary who would keep the income would defeat the purpose...
- Guidance on tax-exempt bonds issued. // Practical Accountant;Jun94, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Reports that final, temporary (TD 8538) and proposed regs (FI-7-94) have been issued on arbitrage restrictions on tax-exempt bonds.
- Freed's approved for BFA bonds. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/24/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the state Business Finance Authority has given final approval for tax-exempt bonds to Freed's Bakery in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Columbus readies pension bond sale after IRS fails to appeal tax ruling. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p30
Focuses on the scheduled sale of tax-exempt pension bonds by Columbus, Ohio after a four-year legal battle with the US Internal Revenue Service. Total worth of bonds to be sold by the city; Features of the ruling in the case; Implications of the ruling for other cities issuing bonds in Ohio.
- Wage data could provide direction. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p1
Focuses on the sluggishness of trading results for tax exempt mortgage bonds in the United States on July 29, 1998. Top yield recorded by bonds from Financial Security Assurance; Spread between two-year notes and 30-year bond government bonds.
- `Prepayment boom' may hold investors back from mortgage revenue bonds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Details findings of a report, entitled `The Prepayment Boom Arrives,' which shows an increase in prepayments on tax-exempt, single-family mortgage revenue bonds in the United States. Risk factors involved in prepayment activity; Comments of Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Kurt van Kuller on factors...
- NEW YORK. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33592, p9
The article reports on the 739 million dollars of tax-exempt and tax new money that was sold by New York City (N.Y.C.) on September 2011, as well as on the general obligations bond it has reoffered.
- Short-term tax-exempt yields. // Bond Buyer;07/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30182, p37
Presents a chart reflecting short-term tax-exempt yields in the United States as of July 8, 1997. Selected MIG-1 notes; Municipal market data.
- A bond issuer gets religion. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p60
Looks at the use of tax-exempt bonds used in the construction of private high schools. States that have issued tax-exempt bonds for nonprofit secondary schools; Reference to the revenue bond which was issued by the Iowa Finance Authority in June; Indepth look at tax-exempt financing. INSET:...