East Asian Regionalism and the End of the Asia-Pacific: After American Hegemony
- What A/P Crisis? Konish, Nancy; Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;01/25/99, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p66
Looks at the effect of the Asian/Pacific financial crisis on the wireless communications industry. Projected number of wireless subscribers worldwide by 2002; Minimal growth in wireless local loop; Technologies that are expected to dominate certain regions of the world.
- Asian currency malaise weakens airline traffic. Thomas, Geoffrey // Aviation Week & Space Technology;04/20/98, Vol. 148 Issue 16, p34
Focuses on the impact of the Asian financial crisis on area airlines. Effects of the economic conditions on the number of passengers; Concerns of the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines; Mention of Asiana Airlines,, Garuda Indonesia, and philippine Airlines; Currency problems experienced;...
- Will Asia's financial crisis sink the US stock market? Sivy, Michael // Money;Jul98, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p35
Speculates on how Asian political and economic problems could effect the United States stock market. Beneficial impact on interest rates; Scenarios involving Southeast Asia, China and Japan that could have a detrimental effect on US stocks; The case for betting on a comeback in Asia; Asian...
- Greece and a Marshall Plan For the Mediterranean Basin. Andromidas, Dean // Executive Intelligence Review;6/8/2012, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p12
In this article, the author discusses the economical crisis in Greece. He states that the treatment of Greece under the brutal policy of the political memorandum is an injustice to a nation and its people. He emphasizes the Mediterranean Sea for bringing together the civilizations of the...
- El Viejo the tornado-maker. // UNESCO Courier;Feb98, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p41
Reports on a direct link between tornadoes and El Viejo or La Nina, a cold Pacific current, discovered by two researchers. Details on how El Viejo creates tornadoes; Other findings regarding the factors affecting tornado formation.
- Reading the Asian crisis: History, culture and institutional truths. Preston, Peter W. // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Dec98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p241
Discusses interrelated reflections on the historical sociology of the development experience of countries of Pacific Asia, the political sociology of political and policy analytic debate and the political sociology of the production and legitimation of institutional truths. Suggestion that the...
- Burberry Case Study. // Burberry Case Study: Retail-led Strategy to Target High Net Wort;Jan2012, p1
The article focuses on retail strategy of Burberry Ltd. which resulted in its continuous success, despite global challenges. It mentions that the company is delivering a strong performance, with a revenue increase of 35 percent, 105 new stores added, and a productivity boost of 11 percent. It...
- Realism, institutionalism, and the Asian economic crisis. Acharya, Amitav // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Financial-Economic Crisis and the Asia Pacific. // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;5/4/2009, Issue 18, p4
This article discusses the impact of the financial-economic crisis on economies of Asia Pacific countries. It explores the inability of Japan and its neighboring countries to avoid damage to their own economies. It also indicates the ability of Japan to weather the further effects of the crisis....