Big Brother Investing
- Pimco Exec Lowers Mortgage Holdings. // American Banker;6/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 109, p7
The author reports that the amount of mortgages being held by Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO) has been lowered. The amount that holdings of mortgages and government related debt was lowered by Bill Gross, PIMCO's co-chief investment officer, in April 2009 is mentioned. Actions that...
- Bill Gross Likens Subprime Crisis to Great Depression. // Money Management Executive;12/10/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p7
The article focuses on the views of Bill Gross, chief executive officer (CEO) at Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO) regarding the subprime crisis in the U.S. It states that Gross likens the crisis to the Great Depression, and he believes that the effects of the crisis have yet to be felt....
- Pimco's Gross on MBS. // American Banker;1/22/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that Pacific Investment Management Co.'s (Pimco) holdings of mortgage-backed securities through the Total Return Fund have dropped from 81% in November 2008 to 62% in December 2008. Bill Gross, manager of Pimco, comments on the bank's stance on the asset class and his desire...
- William Gross. Yu, Jane // Orange County Business Journal;8/4/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p20
The article profiles William Gross, co-founder and chief investment officer at Pacific Investment Management Co., who is fifth in the list of the wealthiest people in Orange County, California.
- The Divided Kingdom of Newport Beach. Um, Sage // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article announces the appointment of Bill Gross as portfolio manager at the Pacific Investment Management Co. (PIMCO).
- Gross: Brace for Era of Lessened Returns. BEIGHLEY, DAN // Orange County Business Journal;10/5/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p3
The article reports on the statements of executives, regarding the slow economic growth of the U.S. economy. According to Bill Gross, bond fund manager of Pacific Management Corp., investors are in for a recovery marked by slower growth than in prior comebacks. It also notes the statement of...
- Pimco Exec: Housing Bill A Good Start. // American Banker;7/25/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 143, p13
The article reports that Bill Gross, managing director for Pacific Investment Management Co., thinks that a housing bill being passed from the U.S. House of Representatives to the Senate is a good idea. He thinks that increases in mortgage rates have caused home prices to remain low, but thinks...
- PIMCO chief cites 'new normal'. // Money Management;9/2/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the announcement of Bill Gross of Pimco which cites the need of investors in Australia to accept a new normal based on lower rates of economic growth.
- WILLIAM H. GROSS. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
Features William H. Gross, chief investment officer of Newport Beach, California-based investment management firm Pacific Investment Management Co., and 2002 Businessperson of the Year of the 'Orange County Business Journal' newspaper. Career background; Financial performance of the Total...