PUMMELED BY POLITICS
- Image overhaul crucial for Shin Corp's future. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;3/23/2007, p17
The article presents information on the financial performance of Shin Corp, the telecommunications and media company that provided the financial muscle for former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Shin Corp.'s profits plunged 60 percent in 2006, to 3.4 billion baht. Danai Chanchaochai,...
- Rian Dundon: The Long Haul In Bangkok. Chin, Alan // BAGnewsNotes;5/6/2010, p1
A photograph depicting the protest of the supporters of ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Bangkok, Thailand is presented.
- Malaysia-Thailand Partnership. Shinawatra, Thaksin // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p18
Presents an excerpt from a speech by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand delivered during the Malaysia-Thailand Technology and Business Partnership Dialogue in Langkawi, Kedah on July 27, 2003 which dealt with the cordial relationship between Thailand and Malaysia.
- Charged. Fastenberg, Dan // Time International (Asia Edition);6/7/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 22, p14
The article reports on the terrorism case filed against former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for inciting the demonstrations in Bangkok.
- Thaksin eyeing return to Thailand. // Asian Pacific Post;4/19/2012, p13
The article reports that ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is planning to return to Thailand believing that reconciliation is taking place in the country.
- Fugitive ex-premier says he's "patient.". // Asian Pacific Post;11/24/2011, p17
This article reports on a statement issued by Thai former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra regarding his request for an amnesty from the government.
- Asia Beat. // Asian Pacific Post;8/6/2009, p3
This section offers news briefs in Asia, including a rally staged by supporters of former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the increasing number of women in Bangladesh who are marrying early, and the identification of the remains of two Australians missing in Vietnam.
- Former premier and wife split after 32 years. // Asian Pacific Post;11/20/2008, p26
The article reports on the divorce of former Thai Premier Thaksin Shinawatra and his wife of 32 years, Pojaman.
- THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
The article offers news briefs related to political and economic conditions of Thailand including freezing assets of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, rise in the credit card spending and encouragement to foreign investment.