Life's Better At the High End
- Over half of CEOs are involved in flex set-ups. // Employee Benefits;Dec2004, p14
Reports on the study indicating the involvement of top level board members in the introduction of flexible benefits to employees in Great Britain. Percentage of chief executives involved in getting the schemes; Proportion of employers introducing final salary pension into a flexible benefits...
- Profile - Tim Jones: Taking Gallagher EB to the next level. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);2/ 6/2014, p5
An interview with Tim Johnson, chief executive officer (CEO) of the employee benefits consultancy firm Gallagher Employee Benefits is presented. He states that the company wants to be a true alternative to other consultancies and aims to an automatic choice by major employers. He notes that the...
- Do aircraft perquisites cause CEOs to withhold bad news? Huang, Chia-Wei; Lin, Chih-Yen // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Jan2016, Vol. 35, p189
This paper explores the relation between management forecasts and expensive perquisites. We investigate Yermack's (2006) conjecture that managers withhold bad news in order to receive expensive perquisites. We provide direct evidence supporting Yermack's (2006) conjecture. The frequency and...
- Keep your eye on the ball. Shaw, David // Ivey Business Journal;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p24
Deals with the important principles of business management. Need for a chief executive officer to pay close attention to the operating performance of the business; Three important tasks for customer management; Best practices for keeping members of the top-management team focused on the core of...
- Highest-Paid CEOs. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/23/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p12
Presents a chart depicting the highest-paid chief executive officers in Connecticut. Annual compensation; Salary; Fringe benefits.
- CEO PERK PARADE. // Fortune International (Europe);7/4/2011, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the perks received by chief executive officers such as Sheldon Adelson, Aubrey McClendon and Jeffery Smisek.
- Supplemental benefits can help in luring CEOs. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr94 Supplement, Vol. 15 Issue 85, p9
Discusses the ways of using supplemental benefits in attracting chief executive officer (CEO) candidates. Nonqualified retirement benefits; Key executive long-term disability plans; Supplemental life insurance; Phantom stock options.
- PAYDAY PERKS FOR SELECT AREA CEOs. Tekippe, Abraham // Crain's Chicago Business;4/9/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p0002
The article lists the perks that 10 chief executive officers (CEOs) in Illinois received in fiscal 2011 in addition to cash and stock packages including Dan Ustian from Navistar International Corp., James McNerney from Boeing Co., and Ravi Saligram from OfficeMax Inc.
- LG to cut $2.2 billion in costs, no major layoffs. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p17
The article reports on the plan of LG Electronics to trim down $2.2 billion from its overhead. Report says that the cost-cutting is due to the global economic downturn that led the company's loss of earnings in the fourth quarter of 2008. Chief executive officer (CEO) Yong Nam verifies such move...