America's Best Big Companies
- Approved indication: hepatitis C. // Australian Prescriber;Oct2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p177
The article offers information on the antiviral drug Sovaldi from Gilead.
- Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Tablets. Cada, Dennis J.; Levien, Terri L.; Baker, Danial E. // Hospital Pharmacy;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p165
Each month, subscribers to The Formulary Monograph Service receive 5 to 6 well-documented monographs on drugs that are newly released or are in late phase 3 trials. The monographs are targeted to Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committees. Subscribers also receive monthly 1-page summary monographs on...
- Controversy over Gilead licensing agreement. // HIV Australia;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that the International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (ITPC) has expressed concerns related to license agreement between the Medicines Patent Pool and the company Gilead as it thinks that this will exclude many developing countries from accessing HIV antiretroviral therapy.
- Quiet crusade. Kirkland, Joel // Prague Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p1
Reports the approval of anti-HIV drug Viread, an AIDS inhibitor with the active ingredient tenofovir, by the United States Food and Drug Administration in Czech Republic. Contributions of chemist Antonin Holy in the discovery of tenofovir; Difficulties of clinical trial of the drug in Czech;...
- New HIV treatment provides convenient once-a-day dosing. Fernandez, Julio // Drug Topics;9/13/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 17, p22
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved emtricitabine/tenofovir (Truvada, Gilead Sciences) for the treatment of HIV/AIDS. Truvada can be used in combination with other antiretroviral agents for treating HIV-1 infection in adults. It has not been studied in children under age 18 or...
- Gilead Tweaks HCV Studies After Adverse Event Reports. // Bioworld Week;9/12/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p3
The article reports that Gilead Sciences Inc.'s non-nucleoside polymerase inhibitor GS 9190 in combination with interferon and ribavirin has been dropped in the weak of two adverse events in separate studies testing four-drug regimens in patients with hepatitis C virus.
- Virus Hunter. Sellers, L.J. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p68
Focuses on the business performance of pharmaceutical firm Gilead Sciences Inc. in Foster City, California. Development of a once-a-day pill that functions as 'drug C' for other combinations; Firm's 2003 sales; Primary research and development goal of the firm; HIV market; Plan to get back into...
- Early Approval Anticipated for Gilead's HIV Combination Drug. Mirasol, Feliza // Chemical Market Reporter;6/7/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 23, p11
Reports on analysts' forecast on the performance of Foster City, California-based biopharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences Inc. in the anti-HIV drugs market. Analysts' bullish view on the Gilead's combination HIV pill made from the Gilead drugs Viread and Emtriva; Granting of priority review...
- New once-daily HIV drug helps with patient compliance. Dowhower Karpa, Kelly // Drug Topics;8/04/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the use of the drug emtricitabine from Gilead Sciences Inc. for the treatment of HIV-1 infections. Indications of use; Mechanism of action; Results of clinical trials.