Venture To Nowhere
- Venture capitalist's plan to break up Calif. edges forward. // Hill;2/24/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p11
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Congress on the plan of the venture capital company Draper Fisher Jurvetson to divide California into six states and the need to collect about 807,615 signatures of registered voters for the firm's plan to be qualified for the November 2014 election.
- Historic Fund Venture. Lacey, Stephen // Traders Magazine;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 167, p24
Highlights the launching of the meVC Draper Fisher Jurvetson Fund I venture capital by Draper, Fisher Jurvetson. Price of the venture capital; Historical background of venture capital fund; Advantage of a closed-end venture capital fund structure.
- Here Comes 'GOOD' MONEY. Behl, Teejesh N. S.; Malik, Aman // Business Today;6/17/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p102
The article reports that venture capitalists are starting to invest in unconventional industries because they are profitable as well as socially responsible. The article presents some of the companies benefited by venture capital funds in India. A company called Ziqitza received $1.5 million...
- Now you can be a venture capitalist. Lee, Jeanne // Money;Feb2000, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p38
Reports on plans by Draper Fisher Jurvetson to launch a mutual fund so that small investors can buy into companies before they go public. Other companies that have, or are planning, similar efforts; Requirements that meVC fund investors must meet.
- Draper Fisher hits Silicon Alley. Clark, Philip B. // B to B;04/10/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p16
Reports on venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetson's opening of its first New York affiliate fund. Partnership with investment bankers Ross Goldstein and Daniel Schultz; Fund's investment in early-stage Internet companies headquartered in New York and other East Coast cities; Amount...
- VC funds look to Chicago's `Silicon Prairie'. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/05/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 23, p6
Reports the performance of venture capital firms in Chicago, Illinois. Rank of Chicago in venture capital receipts; Expansion plans of Draper Fisher Jurvetson; Effects of technological companies on skilled employees and offshoot business production; Implications of healthcare companies for the...
- Steve Jurvetson, 32. // Technology Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p83
Focuses on Steve Jurvetson, managing director of Drapher Fisher Jurvetson in Silicon Valley, California, whose line of work of is focused on venture capital. Success of entrepreneurs supported by Jurvetson; Academic background; Number of companies financed in 1999 which are ready for public...
- VENTURE CAPITAL IS NOT FOR GIRLIE MEN. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;10/17/2005, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the venture capitalist Tim Draper. Review of ho Draper's career in venture capitalism; Discussion of how Draper's firm Draper Fischer Jurveston invested in the Chinese search engine Baidu.com Inc.; Overview of Draper's investment strategies; Comments from Draper regarding his work;...
- SolarCity Soaks Up $30M. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;10/30/2008, p4
The article reports on the announcement made by solar energy system installer SolarCity that it raised $30 million in funding. The solar startup attracted $25 million from thin-film solar company First Solar and got participation from returning backer Draper Fisher Jurvetson. SolarCity plans to...