Cashews And More
- Africa's move to process more cashew at home may hit Indian industry. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;10/19/2014, p12
The article reports on the impact on the cashew nut industry in India of the move of African cashew producers to process their nut production in their home country.
- White Gold:An Experience of Cashew. J., Patil Parashram; Mahajan, Shrikrishna S. // Golden Research Thoughts;May2012, Vol. 1 Issue 11, Special section p1
India is one of the largest producer, processor and exporter of cashew in the world. It has tremendous potential of production and marketing especially export to other countries. It is termed as 'White Gold' to describe its importance in the economy. Hilly region of Kolhapur district and its...
- Olam's blueprint for success. Versi, Anver // African Business;Aug/Sep2013, Issue 400, p32
The article reports on the growth of agricultural trading and processing company Olam over the years. The company has operations in 65 countries with Africa being central to its activities. Olam group managing director and chief executive, Sunny Verghese, established cotton plantation as a...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Cashews in Japan. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/ 5/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting the 2009-2014 outlook for cashews in several prefectures in Japan including Tokyo, Osaka and Ibaraki are presented.
- World Bank's bully boy tactics. Arnold, Guy // African Business;Oct98, Issue 236, p37
Focuses on how the financial services offered by the World Bank affect the cashew industry in Mozambique. Intervention of the World Bank in the cashew industry; Comments from Joaquin de Carvalho, a World Bank administrator in sub-Sarahan Africa; Steps taken by the Cashew Workers Union and the...
- Upgrade for Mozambique cashews. // African Business;Mar1999, Issue 241, p6
Reports that a $16 million program is being launched to rehabilitate Mozambique's cashew nut industry.
- "A Study on Cashew Farm Tourism Growth in Bangalore with Special Reference to Foreigners". Ravikumar, A.; Balamurugan, A. // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1733
The word "TOURISM" is related to TOUR which is derived from Latin world "Tornos". 'Tornos' means a tool for describing a circle or turner's wheel. This is a word compasses or rather a pin at the end of stretched string, used to describe a circle. History of Bangalore: Bangalore is one of the...
- Cashews or cash? Hanlon, Jo // African Business;May97, Issue 221, p27
Reports on the impact to Mozambique's cashew nut processing industry of a World Bank proposal to cut export tax to India. Inability of Mozambique to compete with India; Objective of Mozambique to maintain a long-term protective export tax for the long-term good of the country.
- Supply Response of Cashew Nuts in Kerala. Sebastian, Shibu; Thomas, K. Jesy; Thomas, E. K. // ICFAI Journal of Agricultural Economics;Jul2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3/4, p79
In the global scenario, India accounts for 31% of the total production of cashew. Kerala occupies a predominant position in the cultivation of cashew in India. The present study evaluates the degree of response of the producers to price and non-price factors affecting cashew nut in the state. In...