Fact and Comment
- Lock in your interest rates. OTTE, JOHN // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Aug2013, Vol. 151 Issue 8, p116
The article offers the author's insight on the response of the U.S. Federal Reserve following the recession triggered by the collapse of mortgage-backed security.
- Economist: extraordinary actions averted new depression. Telschow, Tony // North Western Financial Review;7/15/2009, Vol. 194 Issue 14, p16
The article reports on the doorknob policy conducted by the U.S. Federal Reserve nationwide to address issues relating to recession in 2009. California State University economics and finance professor Sung Won Sohn says that the new policy devised by Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben Bernanke...
- FED UP. Hanke, Steve H. // Forbes Asia;5/11/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p59
The article presents the author's opinion on the role of the U.S. Federal Reserve in the recession. He is of the opinion, that in the search for the people responsible for the current financial troubles, among bankers, financers and regulators, it is the Federal Reserve that remains noticed. He...
- Fed Gropes For An Exit Plan. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/22/2014, pA01
2 Fed officials discussed how to exit from unconventional stimulus, April meeting minutes showed, but signaled no rush to raise rates. Several policymakers this week have offered competing visions of how the economy will fare with and without that stimulus, and some suggested new strategies,...
- Stimulating Without Bothering Congress. Pascal, Marc // Moderate Voice;8/30/2010, p8
The article offers the author's insights on solutions that U.S. President Barack Obama must undertake to solve national economic issues. The author says that Obama should collaborate with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae along and Chairman Ben Bernanke of Federal Reserve System (Fed) to reform the...
- Why the Fed's Policies Are Increasingly Ineffective. BAYER, ALEXEI // Research;Mar2014, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p48
In this article, the author reflects on the U.S. Federal Reserve policies for economic growth, as of February 2014. Topics discussed include quantitative easing, unconventional monetary policy and the 2008 financial crisis. It also discusses mortgage-backed securities, inflation and the...
- Liberal think tank takes Fed to task for letting inflation fears guide policy. Meredith, Robyn // American Banker;3/28/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 59, p2
Reports on the recommendations of the Economic Policy Institute regarding the Federal Reserve System in the book `Transforming the U.S. Financial System: Equity and Efficiency for the 21st Century,' by Gerald Epstein. Factors to consider in setting interest rates; Overhaul of the deposit...
- 'Political control of the money supply is not acceptable' Haywood, Charles F. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul82, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p69
Reports the role of the United States Federal Reserve System. Relevance of Federal Reserve policy on economic policies; Coordination among monetary, fiscal, government lending, and government economic policies; Structural aspects of the Federal Reserve monetary policy.
- Fiscal Mess May Harm Fed, Mishkin, Economists Warn. // Bond Buyer;2/25/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33866, p6
The article offers information on a report from a former Federal governor that says that the U.S. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System can be harmed by failure to curb deficit spending and fiscal mess.