FSD's Compensation Study 2008
- IN HEALTHCARE: Avg. hospital pay rises 4.6%. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p54
Deals with issues concerning food service operations in hospitals in the U.S.. Salary increase of food service directors in hospitals for 2001; Issues and challenges facing the labor supply of the food service market.
- The number. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/21/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4541, p45
The article presents information on a survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, according to which the average base hourly wages of waiting staff is Â£3.50.
- Stacey Versus the Cafeteria Lady. Bumpus, Stacey // Angels on Earth;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p16
The author relates how a cafeteria lady she met at the hospital helped her to recover from a leg injury.
- WHAT'S Ahead FOR Healthcare? // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
Focuses on the revolution in the hospital foodservices discussed in a videoconference assembled by the National Society of Healthcare Food Service Management. Introduction of retail dining in healthcare; Emphasis on the intercultural difference in foodservice between Europe and the United...
- Chance and Circumstance. // FoodService Director;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p20
The article profiles John Athamanah, manager of foodservices at La Rabida Children's Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, including the influence of his mother on his interest in foodservice, career in clinical nutrition and his first job as a clinical nutrition manager.
- AT PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL: ROOM SVC. HITS PLANO. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
Presents information on a hotel-style room service program implemented at the Presbyterian Hospital in Plano, Texas in 2003. Description of the type of service used prior to the program; Details of the room service process; Impact of the program on the food service staff requirements of the...
- Texas Turnaround. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the efforts of the Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas in Texas to improve the quality of its food services. Information on the Jackson Patio Cafe and Cafe Presby in the hospital; Increase in food sales in the hospital; Contribution of the replacement of cash registers to the sales...
- SERVICE FOR ONE--AND ALL: Carts put new spin on Crittenton Hosp's breakfast. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Top of the Morning breakfast cart service offered by Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan. Statistics on the hospital's cafeteria sales and customers; Description of the program; Patient menu offered by the hospital; Training received by food service staffers.
- Bringing home less bacon. Coeyman, Marjorie; Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;7/20/96, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on the growth of salaries of food service executives in the United States for 1995. Result of the survey of the `Restaurant Business' magazine; Growth of salaries compared to that of 1994; Top ten salaries.