Worth Every Penny
- PEOPLE/STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p24
The article discusses the foodservice initiatives of school districts, universities and hospitals in the U.S. The San Francisco United School District started offering a "Grab 'n Go" breakfast in the high school to encourage students to start their days with a healthy meal. It describes the...
- Simply Soup. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p46
This article focuses on the signature soups being offered by several school- and hospital-foodservices in the U.S. According to Tom Driscoll, director of food services at the University of Oregon in Eugene, their version is on the menu daily at the Dux Bistro, where there is also a second...
- BEST STATION /UNIT CONCEPT. // Food Management;Jul2007, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p24
Reviews are offered for several restaurants including Virtues Restaurant of Summa Health in Akron Ohio, Good to Go at St. Paul Public Schools, and Greenhouse at the University of California in Los Angeles, California.
- Fruit Salads 2.0. Parseghian, Pamela // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p66
The article offers a look at innovative fruit salad ideas in the U.S. food service sector. A traditional Greek combination of watermelon and feta cheese is offered at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, California by Executive Chef Sam Sellona. Angelo Spilios of Flik Independent School Dining...
- The Foodservice Bellwether. // Fare Magazine;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p44
The article presents the college and university foodservice as the bellwether for foodservice trends. It notes how campus administrations use foodservice as a recruitment tool as students entering college have a level of unprecedented food sophistication. The National Restaurant Association...
- Vending machine threat. Masood, M.; Masood, Y.; Newton, J. T. // British Dental Journal;7/27/2013, Vol. 215 Issue 2, p60
A letter to the editor is presented concerning the accessibility of vending machine in schools which increase snack frequency and offer some unhealthy food.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...